INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any way to search Databases other than YADB? and small feature request  (Read 1480 times)

galahad1974

• World Citizen

Ive had pretty god luck so far with the built in YADB search, but some of the album i have a really odd. I was wondering if there was any way, or puglin , that would allow for searching for tack info via other databases or methods?

In addition, I have a small feature request. I love the way this software works, every time i find a new feature I find myself saying, wow thats exactly how it should have been doen, why wasnt it done like this everywhere else. the latest of these t be found was the "paste cover art from clipboard" and"move/copy fields". These 2 are invaluable for fixing incorrectly named tracks or tracks that YADB can't identify.

Could you finish this set off by adding the option to Paste from clipboar name and artist? Most sites that have track listings list the track as Name-artist, artist-name, or swapping the dash with a slash. could you set a menu item to past that into the name and artist field? Even if it got it backwards, you already have the tool built in to swap them back. One of the only gotchas i run into is  names and artists with daskes in the name, and well, that would just have to be manually fixed by the user.

Anyway, regardless of this addition, this is some of the best software i've ever used. 

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe

you can use 3rd party client and send file/s to it via the "send to to external" command  :)
MT5FR

harrydr

• Junior Woodchuck

Can I use a copy of FreeDB and if so how?

glynor

• MC Beta Team

Could you finish this set off by adding the option to Paste from clipboar name and artist? Most sites that have track listings list the track as Name-artist, artist-name, or swapping the dash with a slash. could you set a menu item to past that into the name and artist field? Even if it got it backwards, you already have the tool built in to swap them back. One of the only gotchas i run into is  names and artists with daskes in the name, and well, that would just have to be manually fixed by the user.

That's a pretty fantastic idea, if you could somehow implement it intuitively.

Maybe some kind of Paste as Fields tool, where you define the "Paste As Rule" (eg: "[Artist] - [Album]" or "[Name] - [Artist]" or whatever), and then can just select files one by one and choose Library Tools --> Paste as Fields.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

galahad1974

• World Citizen

Yes, That would be perfect. It dosent seem like it would be that hard to do(from my completely ignorant standpoint), and would save me a huge amount of time. especially if it could be done in sets, like copy 15 lines to the clipboard, highlight 15 tracks and  "paste as fields"
BTW,
Sorry for the horrible typing above, I was apparantly drunk or something.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...

hmm..its posible to do a mass field copy from MC into excel.

But the other way around...pasting multiple fields back into MC...

wouldn't that be a bit risky ?

for one you would have to be confident it was in a format that would work correctly, if ever there was a mistake you would have to check all the fields to find it.

I've wanted something like this in the past but the above considerations gave me pause.

galahad1974

• World Citizen

My point is that most of the sites that list this info, DO have them in a set format. Almost everyone does it in a variotion of "field - field". One of those being trackname  and one being artist. You could sum up 95 % of them with 4 or 5 rules based on that, which the user cold select form a list(ie ..  "artist - name","name - artist","artist / name","name / artist"). Dont get me wrong, Like you said it would be the users responsibility to ensure that the format he was coping was correct, but  im ok with that. It should be my responsibility to make sure something that simple is correct, Plus if its not, i can undo it and move on. Again, its just an Idea, and if it dosent happen, this is still the best app Ive used in a long while, so I still win :)

JONCAT

If ripping you can use Gracenote & FreeDB to export the .ini and have MC find info from that .ini

Since I started using Audiograbber & Player for this I have rarely had a disc that does not get auto-tagged (with additional corrections/modifications added by me).

Your suggestion is great; I have a lot of oop or rare suff that isn't yet tagged and not usually found in such standard databases.

DC
Pages: [1]   Go Up