INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View navigation with 0-9 number keys. Part 2  (Read 1075 times)

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Theater View navigation with 0-9 number keys. Part 2
« on: July 02, 2007, 03:58:28 pm »

Was just trying out the number navigation. Works great, except for one little thing.

Why do it only work on the first letter? I don't think it's anything that prevents you from making a little pause possible, and just adding the letters/numbers one after one. Just like a cellular phone really... With this method you could hit the exact track you want with a few taps on the remote, instead of scrolling and scrolling after finding the first letter.

My suggestion would be something like:
- Enable a small pause between the number key press, and store the previous letter/number.
- This will continue untill the user pauses twice or third the time of the normal pause (between the letters). This would reset the search word.

It's doable right?
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

MrHaugen

Re: Theater View navigation with 0-9 number keys. Part 2
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 04:39:52 pm »

With a library with hundreds of artists it takes a really long time to scroll from the first artist of a letter, to the last artist of the same letter (in theater view). I know you can hold down the arrow keys, but I'm not allways able to read the text as it scrolls down my screen at warp speed.

Can you consider increasing the number of searchable characters to this function?

raldo

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 07:02:31 pm »

What about implementing something similar to the T9 dictionary found on cellphones? Or is that patented?

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 04:33:03 am »

It's doable right?

Appears doable to me. I'd be very pleased if your idea was implemented - just wanted to show some support.

MrHaugen

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 06:09:43 am »

What about implementing something similar to the T9 dictionary found on cellphones? Or is that patented?

The use of dictionary when you're not even able to see what your writing? I do belive there could be some confusion there. Then talking about artist names and titles on tracks there would be alot of names. That's not a dictionarys strong side.

raldo

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 02:32:23 pm »

Well, the dictionary could consist of  all the artists, song names, ...,  in the current view scheme.

Either strategy would pose the problem of "not seeing what you write", I believe, but this could certainly be solved.

MrHaugen

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 07:23:13 am »

Ok. I understand you better now. Would be cool if all the artists, tracks etc. that did not match the dictionary search was filtered out :D Then I would like this method too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up