INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: Cover Art auto-tagging  (Read 828 times)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Feature request: Cover Art auto-tagging
« on: August 05, 2007, 11:55:46 am »

Hi,

I have been reorganizing the music in MC12 library along with the cover arts on the disk by using Alex B's method of importing the cover art images and then tagging them to match the tag of the albums. This is necessary to do if one wants to move the album to a different location while moving both the music files and the cover art image(s) using "Rename Files from Properties".

I would like to request a feature for cover art image files. The cover art images should be automatically tagged for fields Genre, Album Artist and Album with the values from the CD. If the album is a multiple artist album then the Album Artist should be Assorted. The cover art image should also be auto-imported in the media library (preferably with a comment tag saying cover art so one can build an Images view in which the cover art images do not get mixed up with personal pictures). This should work for cover art images whether it was already present when the music files were imported or when the user assigns the cover art to an album later on.

This would make the process of managing cover art files a lot easier IMHO.

Thanks,
Osho

Osho

• MC Beta Team
Re: Feature request: Cover Art auto-tagging
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 06:33:45 pm »

bump..

Let's hope I am not the only one who wants to manage cover arts in MC12.

Osho

scthom

Re: Feature request: Cover Art auto-tagging
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 07:20:22 pm »

I agree.  A more "album centric" database would be preferential for me.  Where cover art (or more likely, multiple images), documents (e.g. rip logs or lyric sheets), etc. would all be handled together as an album, all (presumably) in a single folder together.  I think that means a more expansive database as opposed to a more limited one, where just about anything can be tagged as part of the album.
Pages: [1]   Go Up