INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC "Toolbar Mode"  (Read 1089 times)

nathanchavez

• Galactic Citizen
  • I know nothing except for the fact of my ignorance
MC "Toolbar Mode"
« on: July 30, 2007, 05:21:24 pm »

What are the chances that MC creates a new feature that will allow it to have a seperate mode, not just a seperate 'slim skin,' called toolbar mode? 

I ask because I am using JetAudio 6 as a reference.  They have such a mode.  There are many features which JA can do in that mode that MC currently cannot do (see the below picture).  I would love it to be able to autohide.  Are there any realistic chances of this?  I would gladly pay more for it.  I was even thinking of switching to JA for it but MC just sounds so much better.  I know there are ways to get something sort of close.  But is there any way to implement the entire feature set?

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/5007/toolbarss8.jpg

nathanchavez

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MC "Toolbar Mode"
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 01:12:00 am »

I have to say that I am a little shocked and disappointed that no one is as interested in the potential that this mode has.  I think it would be great for in to be added to MC13 (hint hint)  Please take a look at the features that are implemented in JA's toolbar mode and see if it possible that they can be implemented in future version.  This mode is just awesome!!  What do you guys think?

RhinoBanga

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Developer
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 06:56:38 am »

You should check out some of marko's slim PlayingNow skins which will give you the ability to control playback and rate tracks.

Also I think it would help JR to know what features you would want in that view so they can be discussed.

nathanchavez

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 12:53:00 pm »

That might help.  I have discussed a JA toolbr mode skin in the 'skins' forum, where that was suggested.  The problem is I do not know where to find PN or any of the skins, since it is no longer in active developement.  I don't think your site is up either.  That's a shame because I paid for a licence for it.  But if you're suggesting it to me I would assume you know where I can find everything PN related, right?

Regarding features that would be good in an MC toolbar mode, I was only able to find this page that list was that mode is.  Essentially, I would like it to be as muxh likre theirs as possible; giving MC buttons to rip, burn, listen to the radio, access server functions, spectrum equalizer, DSP studio, song info, playback functions, and window fuctions.  The most important to me though would be the auto-hide ability.  It sounds like a lot to fit in a toolbar skin, but obviously it can be done.
Pages: [1]   Go Up