INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Broken Playlist Creator  (Read 657 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Broken Playlist Creator
« on: August 08, 2007, 08:22:37 pm »

I'm noticing various problems with the playlist creator.  First, when I create a new smartlist and immediately "Import" the text: "[Rating]=[]" ... I notice issues.  When I click Ok, it seems to be okay but as soon as I Edit again and click Ok, it doesn't work correctly.  It rewrites [] to ? so that may be part of the problem.

And it still doesn't handle large, complex smartlists well at all.  Please create a smart playlist and import the following:
([Ben's Rating]=1 and -[Rating]=1) or ([Ben's Rating]=2 and -[Rating]=2) or ([Ben's Rating]=3 and -[Rating]=3) or ([Ben's Rating]=4 and -[Rating]=4) or ([Ben's Rating]=5 and -[Rating]=5) or (-[Ben's Rating]=1 and [Rating]=1) or (-[Ben's Rating]=2 and [Rating]=2) or (-[Ben's Rating]=3 and [Rating]=3) or (-[Ben's Rating]=4 and [Rating]=4) or (-[Ben's Rating]=5 and [Rating]=5)

As you can see, it is horribly unusable in this case.  I can't even reach the Ok button.

Also, may I suggest that "No modification" be changed to a blank field?  It would make it cleaner.  I personally would even like the Notes field checkbox to default to Yes and make sure it updates the notes field all the time.  I don't usually use the notes field but it's a great place to store this information about the playlist.
Pages: [1]   Go Up