INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Cross Fade when buring a cd  (Read 1462 times)

MusicLover

Using Cross Fade when buring a cd
« on: August 19, 2002, 12:57:34 pm »

Is it possible to use cross fade type effect when buring cds?

cjdshaw

RE:Using Cross Fade when buring a cd
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2002, 01:04:30 pm »

To quote the FAQ:

Can I add crossfade/fadein/fadeout/dsp/eq to tracks when burning?
No, these sound enhancements are only available during playback. However, you can use the "DiskWriter" feature in Media Jukebox to create a set of temporary files with all these sound enhancements, then burn those files to disk. Look in the Media Jukebox help file for information on using this feature.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2002, 01:13:21 pm »

Or search Interact for "disk writer"...
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MusicLover

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2002, 01:20:06 pm »

I can't find "Can I add crossfade/fadein/fadeout/dsp/eq to tracks when burning?
FAQ nor can I find the use of "Diskwriter" in the help files? Can you help further?

cjdshaw

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2002, 02:13:04 pm »

Apologies. That was from the CD Burning Tips, not the FAQ. It's also under Help at the top of this page.

I've never used Disk Writer until trying it today, so I may make a lot of mistakes. It's under Options->Playback->Output Mode. Select it then click Settings to define a directory. Then assemble the tracks you want to burn in a playlist and play them. Make sure continuous mode is off, or this process will never finish.

Disk Writer should have written out a series of uncompressed WAV files in the chosen directory. These are the tracks you played with all DSP and crossfade effects applied to them. Burn these to your CD as normal, making sure you keep the order right and don't put 2 second gaps between tracks.

Good luck. Perhaps someone with more experience than me could add to this?

dragyn

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2002, 04:05:45 pm »

This sounds like fun. I'm gonna try my first ever cd burn with MJ using RG/Crossfade. Hopefully all goes well.

Arlett

• Recent member
  • Student
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2002, 02:19:04 am »

Cross fading on the cd will be great, but does it leave it as one track? or does it still split them...

cjdshaw

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2002, 04:12:31 am »

Disk Writer writes them as separate tracks so they should go onto the CD like that. That's why you should make sure you can burn without a 2 second gap between tracks. i.e. You're not using the Generic driver

sekim

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2002, 12:46:11 am »

cjdshaw,

You know, this is the best explanation of how Disk Writer works that I've seen yet. It works very well.

Maybe should point out that the disk writer tracks have to be re-imported from the folder used to create them, once the initial disk writer playback is finished. Look under the 'unassigned' heading in Media Library > Artist. These are the tracks to send to the playlist-burner.

One other thing to watch out for is playback of the cd created. Found out that bass can be an astonishingly loud with these discs'. Sub-woofer on the home system was trying to knock everything to the floor!! Tip : Start with the volume low and work up from there.

Tried this with Jeff Beck's - Who Else! Wow, makes everything sound totally different.
Pages: [1]   Go Up