INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multichannel wav crashes MC + 5.1. DirectShow audio problems [5.1 solved]  (Read 13698 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Multichannel wav crashes MC + 5.1. DirectShow audio problems [5.1 solved]
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2008, 07:36:31 am »

Alex,
Could you see if you can duplicate this on another PC?

Thanks.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Multichannel wav crashes MC + 5.1. DirectShow audio problems
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2008, 07:55:04 am »

I tried that in August. I wasn't able to reproduce the problem on two other PCs. Those PCs have only a stereo sound device.

I have multi-channel sound devices only on this HTPC. (The crash happened also when I tried its built-in 5.1 sound device as I explained earlier.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2008, 07:59:13 am »

I tried that in August. I wasn't able to reproduce the problem on two other PCs. Those PCs have only a stereo sound device.

I have multi-channel sound devices only on this HTPC. (The crash happened also when I tried its built-in 5.1 sound device as I explained earlier.)
It could be our bug.  It could also be a bug with the device.  That other software works doesn't rule out this possibility.

Would it be possible to test the device on another PC?  Or test another device?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2008, 08:13:26 am »

I tried the built-in C-Media device. The problem was the same.

The Terratec device consists of a PCI card and a front module. Two of our other PCs are laptops. I have only an old "office" PC that has PCI slots. Perhaps I could try the office PC, but the situation would be a bit different because its OS is Windows 2000 Pro.

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2008, 05:01:26 pm »

Some more infos on DirectShow filters. MC12.0.421

If you mark a filter for ac3 files MC does ignore them! :-\ Example: ffdshow marked - ac3filter is used by mc. Deinstalled ac3filter - ffdshow is used - even so when not marked? I found out that just the filter merit is the important figure - found out through gspot. ?

So, what happen with MC and the DirectShow settings??

I still can not play mc3 files through spdif in mulitchannel sound - stereo is working fine :-\ :-\
Wake up and slow down 😴

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2008, 09:24:58 am »

In MC (in DirectShow in general), if you select a particular filter for a file type, that filter gets high priority. Therefore if the filter is usable, it will be used. If the filter is not usable, another filter will be used.

I can not reproduce the behavior your described. If I select AC3Filter for AC3 files, AC3Filter will be used. If I select FFDShow Audio decoder, then FFDShow Audio Decoder is used. If I do not select either filter, then AC3Filter or FFDShow Audio Decoder is used depending on their merit - AC3Filter if "Prefer AC3Filter" is checked on AC3Filter configuration, FFDShow  if "Prefer other decoder" is checked on AC3Filter configuration.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up