INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't get dual monitors to work the way I'd like  (Read 1059 times)

Jonathan DA

• Junior Woodchuck
Can't get dual monitors to work the way I'd like
« on: August 20, 2007, 08:14:39 pm »

I'm using a dual monitor setup with my primary monitor (LCD panel) in one room, and the second monitor (InFocus IN76 projector) in a second room (theater).  I want to have MC on the LCD in standard mode and full screen video in the theater at the same time.  However, when I click to play a DVD from standard mode, the primary window minimizes and the projector goes black, no image at all, however I can mouse to the edge of the second screen and get the display window chrome to appear.  If I click Close Display on the second monitor, Standard View reappears on the primary monitor and the DVD starts playing in the small lower left corner.  I can occasionally get full screen video on the second monitor, but it seems to happen at random, and when it does I cannot control anything from the second monitor, no mouse is ever visible. 

I'm guessing this some kind of setup problem between MC12 and the nVidia control panel, but I can't figure out what.  This doesn't happen in TheaterTek--I just tell it to use monitor 2 and it plays no problem.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can't get dual monitors to work the way I'd like
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 11:09:31 pm »

Tools > Options > Playback > Display Settings
Under General section check Detached window always on top
Under Full Screen section I use Monitor: Display #2
Resolution: Desktop Resolution

Start MC on display #1 in standard view.
Start playing the movie.
After the movie goes full screen on display #2 and the standard view disappears, hit ctrl-1.
This should bring MC back up on display #1.
Click on playing now in the tree.
The movie should now be showing inside of standard view on display #1.
Now press ctrl-5.  This will detatch the movie.
At this point, standard view will still be open and usable on display #1 and the movie will be playing in full screen on display #2.

You can get there immediately with just the ctrl-5, but this will help you understand the available display modes.

If that doesn't work, perhaps there are settings in Nvidia control panel you'll need to explore.
Can't assist there as I run quad-display with ATI gear.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can't get dual monitors to work the way I'd like
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 11:13:25 pm »

While we're on the subject....
Can JR staff answer if there's a setting I can change where audio visualizations/track info would display within playing now pane in standard view but that video would always start in detached mode?  Remove the need to do the ctrl-5 when movies start?
Pages: [1]   Go Up