INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Notes for Playlist  (Read 828 times)

MajorTomKY

• Recent member
Notes for Playlist
« on: August 16, 2007, 08:27:38 pm »

I've experimented a bit with the Notes for a Playlist. Am I correct in assuming that when I have a playlist and enter notes for it , it will NOT over-write the Notes field for all the various files I have placed in the playlist?  I super cautious about this as I spent hundreds of hours refining content in the notes field of the many songs I have and I'd be quite stressed if I over-wrote them.

If I'm correct then that means that these playlist notes are stored ni the MC12 database? I can't imagine any way they would be file based. If this is so, WOW, ya'll made my current playlsits intensely better than ever.  Almost all AMG sub-genres have been made playlists in my library and they provide great sorting tools, but being able to put the description of the sub-genre in the playlist would make it alot easier for the 'lay' users in the house.

Thanks in advance for any confirmations of the way this feature functions.

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Notes for Playlist
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 09:10:51 pm »

It is my understanding that the notes are stored in the database.

Lucky!  What exactly did you do?  It sounds amazing!  I sure would like deep categorization and genre set by professionals!  My genres are essentially useless to me and I rarely sort by them.  Maybe some screenshots and more explanation would be in line?

MajorTomKY

• Recent member
Re: Notes for Playlist
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 09:53:09 pm »

Essentially, the Playlists are grouped in to conceptuals, I use _'s to force the order to reflect what happens when you first process. There's Groups for Processing, Directory ( they are general Genres ), AMG Sub-genres tagged at an Artist Level, Artist Origins, Artists ( I like to track sidemen ), Album aspects, Album qualities, World Styles, Song < Instruments, Modifiers, Mood, QUality, Style, Temp, Theme, Timbre >.

Processing contains things like what remains to be done to the file as far as tagging goes. Artist Origins is quite literally continent, region, country, state, city. Album is heavily used as it indicates if this is a complete, incomplete, Anthology, Collection, Debut, Period Piece, Pinnacle, Sountrack, source, swansongTribute etc....

World styles differ from Origin in that they are cultural or musical styles within the country/region. Song indicates BBC, Bootleg, Cover, Dub, RemixCover ... Modifiers are verbs to apply to the subgenres, modern, traditional etc...

The others are pretty predictable... by being playlists I can make smartlists that include & also exclude use AND or OR quite nicely, limit by dates... You can keep adding them as you think of them, it works wonderfully. I use AMG as the rule to go by, but at song level my ratings and categories take over.  I even tag by my friends tastes and you can set up random selections that are the intersection of their likes and have acceptible mixes on the fly.

So you can see it is nice to describe these playlists and still enjoy the fact that all my songs have reviews & biographies plus musician on the albunm inside the notes.

Pages: [1]   Go Up