INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is There A Way To Edit\Delete\Start Over with keywords?  (Read 3659 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Is There A Way To Edit\Delete\Start Over with keywords?
« on: June 15, 2007, 08:57:17 pm »

is there a way to dlete keywords. so one can start over. i have finally decided to start tagin my photos and have noticed there are many diffrent types of tag keywords. is there a way to delete the years and weird tags that are in there that i have never put there. like j567? not sure how that became a keyword but would like to make my own shortlist of keywords.Example... because i do photo\video editing, i need to search for certain files often... fire, animals, cats,birds, exotic animals... scenery houses, foliage, sunsets, rivers. is this possible? can i delete all keywords? or the ones i want to? that have no relevance?

thank You!

HTPC4ME

Re: Is There A Way To Edit\Delete\Start Over with keywords?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 10:18:41 pm »

I am still very curious about keywords and how to get rid of them so i can make my own. every time i go into me EXTENSIVE over 100,000 pictures and cntrol click to choose many files to add keywords to JRiver locks up. ive tried this with every version. id like to start over with keywords. when i click on key words for an image there are hundreds of diffrent keywords for one picture that i never put there.

it would be nice to just be able to click on search  and type in sunsets because i set up keywords. but ive yet to cause it always locks up.

is there an external tag editor you guys use for your pics and keywords? to delete the ones that are in the pics and add your own?

HTPC4ME

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 12:43:15 pm »

since no reply as of yet i have pain stakinly imported all of my images into itag. and deleted all the keywords that way. then went into media center deleted all the picturres from library and then tried importin a sinlge folder to test it, when i import the single folder hit tag then keywords, all the old keywords are stilll in media center. how do i clear mediac enter's memory of those keywords?

after trying that i import folder into itag and they are still gone. so the tags are gone from folder just media center still has all those keywords in memory somehow?? is there away to delete the keywords from media center's memory? 

thank you.

ProblemChild

• Junior Woodchuck
  • But I don't wanna be the same as everybody else...
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 12:48:08 pm »

I'm new to this myself but I think you could to that
via Library Tools -> Update Library (from Tags).
Anyways, I was curious about how you solved this so thanks.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 03:09:30 pm »

well ive yet to solve it wihin media center. but the itag works for removing the keywords. will let ya know if the update library from tags works ;)

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 02:41:56 pm »

I'am curious about this to, but not sure if I got you right: there are tag qualifiers/categories (e.g. Places, People, Events, ...) and tag values (Canada, Thomas, Climbing, ...) - so what is the keyword for you? Is it the tag value? If yes so you should be able to select all pictures (CTRL a), open the action window, click on Tag and then clear all values from all categories.
Is that what you meant?

HTPC4ME

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 03:18:33 pm »

wow.... i'm finally getting action from june. AWESOME!!

ok not sure if im saying this right but i will try again

you have personal pics, then pics ya download from net(which you ahve no CLUE what is in them for tags\keywords OR how many). Before june i didnt even know pics had tags or keywords.

so here i was importing 30 some thousand pics into jriver. well when i wanted to start making tags for them(keywords) i noticed there were THOUSANDS of diffrent keywords and it would take for ever for jriver to just open up the keyword so i could select the ones i wanted. now i had pics of my son, family, personal etc(that of course had no tags in them cause i never put them there! or new how to).. Now every keyword from ALL pics imported was there and i had to scroll through thousands of keywords to select or make my son as a key word.  So.. Fake son's name...dylan you click on dylan's picture, tag, then click on keywords to edit, in there is trees, shoes, and all the keywords that OTHERS had put ito there pics that i have downloaded. IT IS HUGE SLOPPY (not jriver) but these tags from other pics one has downloaded.

everytime i would try selecting them all and removing them it would lock me up and wouldnt work(JRiver), after being in this\making this post for awhile and not recieving a reply i started searching. ive tried ligthroom, locked up...TO MUCH INFO, and finally tried itag, i scanned my picture folders. once i got to my graphics photos. Itag would lock up 8,000 photos, not from the photo sizes. but all the dang tags associated with each picture.

so i still am working on removing those tags, which is tough!!!

Now. after removing tags in itag i closed i tag then reopened it and imported same folder where i'd removed tags, to confirm the tags were gone. they were. also opened light room and imported the small folder to test it, and FIANLLY confirmed tags were gone. then i opened jriver, REMOVED ALL PICTURES.RESTARTED. then imported the SAME small folder to confirm there were no dang keywords.. now it's DEFINATELLY a jriver issue. cause once importing then right clicking on picture, tag edit keyword. all the same selections\keywords were there, tree, sunset, strasse, 12hffkfys4466, cat eyeball, yellow, green, places, people, etc...

so I'm still trying to figure it out. you 2 guys figure it out PLEASE let me know. cause i have spent hours that i dont have trying to get this so i can search\tag my pics easilly, and the way that i want them keyworded.

dcwebman

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 07:52:16 am »

I'm sure the keywords are stored in the database which is why you're seeing them again. I would have thought that deleting the images would have removed the keywords but guess not.

I just tried a small test. I added a new keyword to one image. I then selected that image with a few others and got the Keywords selection box again. The new keyword has a square in the checkbox because not all images I selected have that keyword. I unchecked until that checkbox was clear. After MC was done saving the changes, I pulled up the Keywords selection box and that new keyword was no longer there because it was not assigned to any images.

Can you do the same thing with yours? Since you have so many images, try it with a smaller subset to see if it works and just work through it that way.
Jeff

HTPC4ME

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 09:14:08 am »

well i dunno what to say guys. i just put 3d visualization images into itag the other day cleaned em all then reloaded them in itag. no tags! put them into jriver. and checked tags\keywords. all the darn keywrods were checked again. FOR ONE FILE. i hit edit select all. and media cneter locked up from my 3d visualization folder which contains 443 files. opened itag. reimported them. and they had tags in them again??? I'm lost this makes no sense to me!

you know you have the option for clean file properties. and you can select keywords. why can't we select keywords clean the keywords so there arent any left? would that not work?

dcwebman

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 07:07:07 pm »

You've kind of lost me now. Can you just import 1 file and clean the tags on that file to see if you can get rid of the keywords instead of trying the whole directory?
Jeff

HTPC4ME

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 07:21:25 pm »

ok jriver images is empy. none in there. i just added a picture of my car to my me pictures playlist, i hit tag, then i hit keywords, if you look at picture i have scrolled the list down. there are TONS of keywords. i cant get rid of them. and that is what is lockin me up. because when i add my folders of pictures, thousands... it has to load all th epictures then load all the keywords. and JRiver cant handle it for some reason or i'm doing something wrong.

and again that keyword list you see, i have never made that. those have just come attatched with pics i have downloaded, and those keywords are stuck in jriver. i would need maybe 30 keywords. Dates, People, graphic names(example sunsets, trees, flowers etc.. i dont need flowers floer, plower, flower12345, flowerabcg,, these keywords from others, many are repeated for one pic because they didnt know how to spell, so some of those pics have 10-20 keywords. some use charachter mapping in them flow(with a squarebox looking thing done by charachter map) er.

thank for replies :)

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 10:33:41 pm »

Ok, I did this test as well and found the Artist not only stored once in the jpg but twice. Once with the XML style <Artist> and the second time with some binary codes in front of it. So this might be the reason why its so difficult to delete tags from images: The other program you are using is probably deleting one of these tag entries only, but if MC is using both of them you run into troubles the way you described.

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2007, 10:45:34 pm »

The solution (I tried now) could be the following:
Try to make a pane with the keyword inside, then select Honeycomb, all pics with Honeycomb should appear. Select all visible pics, deselect the tag Honeycomb so that the tag from all images is removed. If you still have the Honeycomb tag inside your keyword list than there are some more pics with this tag left (which you might have overseen) i.e. MC shows tags only that are used in pics, others are "deleted".
Pages: [1]   Go Up