INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art Initially Wrong - What Procedure Is Needed To Avoid This Happenning  (Read 1042 times)

jack wallstreet

• Citizen of the Universe

I have cover art set to a folder and to store in tags.  Auto-import is set to run in background, but build thumbnails is NOT checked.

Problem: When I drop songs in my library (I do not use MC to import songs), the auto-import often puts the SAME cover art (and always wrong) as displayed in MC12.  This incorrect cover art does not appear to be sent to a folder but shows up when I display the library (it is the cover art for one of my albums).  To fix this, I have to select the files, remove the incorrect cover art and then download the correct from the internet.

Two questions (help please)

1. Am I doing something wrong that the incorrect cover art (always the same cover art from one of my albums) is often showing up on any new files, and

2. How do I sort by the cover art icon so I can identify all these bad cover arts and delete them all at once (MC12 doesn't seem to sort by icon)

Thanks for any suggestions.
John

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird

Add the "Image File" column to a details view. This column can be sorted and it shows the filename path of the offending image file. If only the actual filename is displayed (without the complete path) then the image file is linked from the same folder where the audio file is.

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

jack wallstreet

Thanks, showing the image file column made a big difference. 

I probably did not do this efficiently, but for anyone who has this issue:

1 I got rid of my many bad images (all folder.jpg) by sorting by the image file and removing the cover art of anything with folder.jpg (this was the culprit) and anything with a filename (I wanted a tag AND a separate file). Anything with "internal file" I kept

I then got cover art from the internet (I was lucky because that was my original source for all these),

All the art is now working.  I still don't know how I got folder.jpg as the art in the first place.
John
Pages: [1]   Go Up