INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing a song more often  (Read 1752 times)

koolmees

• World Citizen
Playing a song more often
« on: August 20, 2007, 09:33:55 am »

Is it possible to play a song in a playlist more often than another one (automatically)?

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Playing a song more often
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 09:41:21 am »

I almost think MC does this a bit on its own.  I seem to notice higher rated songs are played more often.  But it could be my imagination.

koolmees

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 09:49:52 am »

I don't use ratings. I am using "jingles" (stationcalls) and maybe because they are very short (about 3 till 30 seconds) it seems they are not playing even times as the songs in the playlist.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 10:06:48 am »

Are you a DJ in a radio station?  If you are I have a lot of questions.  What do DJs use?  Do they use MC?  What kind of stats do they keep for songs?  Do they play EVERY song on new albums at some point and then certain ones rise to the top because of requests?  Are you required to play certain stuff or just requests?  What if someone calls in and asks for a really horrible song that no one likes?  What's something really weird that happened to you?  Anything else you'd like to say to someone who is intrigued but can't get the questions flowing--I can't think of anything to ask?  ... well, anything more.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 10:33:08 am »

Is it possible to play a song in a playlist more often than another one (automatically)?
Not out of the box, unless some one makes a plugin.

there is repeat but that just loops the same track or playlist.

You would have to re-add the jingle to the playlist where its needed.

koolmees

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 12:39:39 pm »

Are you a DJ in a radio station?  If you are I have a lot of questions.  What do DJs use?  Do they use MC?  What kind of stats do they keep for songs?  Do they play EVERY song on new albums at some point and then certain ones rise to the top because of requests?  Are you required to play certain stuff or just requests?  What if someone calls in and asks for a really horrible song that no one likes?  What's something really weird that happened to you?  Anything else you'd like to say to someone who is intrigued but can't get the questions flowing--I can't think of anything to ask?  ... well, anything more.

Oh no, I am not. All my records are in my playlist and I like to mix it with jingles of radio stations.
Pages: [1]   Go Up