Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lyrics  (Read 2560 times)

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe
Lyrics
« on: August 22, 2007, 06:10:46 pm »

one more ipod issue  :-[

lyrics is broken...the field is updated if you check the ipod via itunes, but not when you check the actual ipod

this is a video ipod (5thgen)
MT5FR

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Lyrics
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 07:05:57 pm »

Are you using the cache feature?

It may be because the cache is not updated. This used to be the case but I'm not sure it's changed now...

If MC does not update the cached copy, then a work around would be to delete the cache and then synch.... (I know, it takes time... :-()

...Michel.

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 07:21:04 pm »

nope, no cache involved...

to be "clear"...if i enter the ipod within itunes, i can see the lyrics...if i then press ok in to sort of "update" the tag
in itunes the lyrics shows up on the ipod

its a little bit like the tag "TV show" that also not work (other thread)
MT5FR

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 07:26:04 pm »

nope, no cache involved...

to be "clear"...if i enter the ipod within itunes, i can see the lyrics...if i then press ok in to sort of "update" the tag
in itunes the lyrics shows up on the ipod

its a little bit like the tag "TV show" that also not work (other thread)

Once you update the lyrics tag with iTunes, are you updating MC's database from tags? If not, MC does not know that the Lyrics tag has changed in the file and will not send the lyrics with the MP3 that you are sending to the iPod. (Not sure if I understood you right, so I may be off here...)

...Michel.

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 07:38:53 pm »

Michel, sorry but i have no problems with other tags..something special with the lyrics tag ?
MT5FR

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 07:44:07 pm »

Michel, sorry but i have no problems with other tags..something special with the lyrics tag ?

Are you updating the lyrics tag in the MP3 with iTunes? (this is the part I'm not sure if I understood you right).

After that, can you see the lyrics in the "Lyrics" tag in MC before synching with the iPod?

...Michel.

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 07:52:10 pm »

"Are you updating the lyrics tag in the MP3 with iTunes? "

nope

but if i do ( or actually just press ok in the info for that song) then i can see the lyrics on the ipod...

i have not been using itunes before, but with these errors or what to call them, i had to check how it looked like from it..

MT5FR

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 07:48:02 am »

Michel,

it was quite easy..

my effort to set the tag "TV Show" on some videofiles (which MC can't handle properly) from within
iTunes also screw up the Lyrics tags...

so until the MC crew fix that, i have to choose between having Lyrics on musicfiles or the tag TVshow for videofiles on my iPod

i dont know but it maybe is quite easy to get the TVshow tag correct...The Ipod needs a field called "Show" to turn up under TV show...i tried to set that field manually from MC but with no luck...

thanks for your interest  :)
MT5FR

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 07:11:24 pm »

Michel,

it was quite easy..

my effort to set the tag "TV Show" on some videofiles (which MC can't handle properly) from within
iTunes also screw up the Lyrics tags...

so until the MC crew fix that, i have to choose between having Lyrics on musicfiles or the tag TVshow for videofiles on my iPod

i dont know but it maybe is quite easy to get the TVshow tag correct...The Ipod needs a field called "Show" to turn up under TV show...i tried to set that field manually from MC but with no luck...

thanks for your interest  :)

Yeah... If you set up an MC custom tag to "Show" it actually sets up a tag called something like "MJ Show" (can't remember now, I just got home after spending 28 hours at Chicago's airport due to bad weather...) which the iPod would not consider the true "Show" tag I guess...

..Michel. 

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 10:04:45 pm »

Something else I've noticed along similar lines is that the "lyrics" display on the iPod does not show the lyrics field for files tagged as "Podcast."  Instead, the lyrics view on the iPod just shows the name and run time of the file.  If I re-tag the files as "Audiobooks" for the genre, the iPods lyrics screen DOES show the lyrics information, so the problem is dependant on the genre tag.

I have no idea if this is an iPod issue, or an MC issue.

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up