INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: suggestion: unique grouping per list style  (Read 848 times)

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
suggestion: unique grouping per list style
« on: August 23, 2007, 04:59:16 pm »

I love the grouping feature when using the Details List Style. I do not however like grouping when using the Thumbnail List Styles. I frequently switch between Details and Thumbnail List Styles for a given view.

It would be great if the Grouping selection was unique and persistent for each List Style in each view.

Thanks for considering this.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: suggestion: unique grouping per list style
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 06:06:39 pm »

You might consider using saved view layouts (in the same menu) to quickly load and save any grouping of settings you like.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rjm

Re: suggestion: unique grouping per list style
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 01:03:32 am »

Thanks for responding Matt.

Your suggestion will work but it requires 2 clicks versus 1 for my proposal. (I put List Styles in my toolbar and I do not believe it is possible to put saved views in the toolbar).

I can happily live with the way it is now.

As a related aside, I have suggested in the past that you should make it possible to put anything in the toolbar. This would solve this particular issue, plus a bunch of other minor user inteface issues. For example, I have requested in the past a 1 click solution for clearing playing now. Rather than having to deal with every eccentricity from people like me, if you made it possible to put anything in the toolbar, we could solve our own unique user interface needs.

Thanks again Matt.
Pages: [1]   Go Up