INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wired remote and display  (Read 1241 times)

alu

• Recent member
wired remote and display
« on: August 27, 2007, 01:44:13 pm »

After using Netremote (WiFi) for a couple of years, I'm now ready to move back in time and wire up my remote. This is because:
1. My Dell Axim have to stay in hibernate/off mode while I'm not using it. Otherwice, the battery time is not more than an hour. Therefore, it takes half a minute (at least) to get it ready to.. for instance turn down the volume. This is annoying. The issue is off course the wifi connection, which takes time to get up and running.
2. I can't always trust it. It usually works fine. But sometimes (not very often) I get no contact with the server. If this happens, I try resets the PDA. If that doesn't help, I have to log into my server using TightVnc (this is a PC without any screen) and investigate...

I assume my issues would be more or less wiped away if I could replace my PDA with:
A display with buttons/volume wheel connected to the PC via USB. If I could get the same interface as a Squeezebox, but off course just the control part... I will not replace my e-mu soundcard.

I find it remarkable if something like this does not exists at all. Can someone help me here?

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up