INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New feature list: are these already possible?  (Read 1272 times)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
New feature list: are these already possible?
« on: December 22, 2007, 12:36:19 pm »

I was sick and at home the other day and I finally got into some in-depth exploration of MC. I started tagging and organising my media. A few issues cropped up and here's my list. Any how-tos or feedback appreciated as usual. Maybe some of these suggestions will be incorporated into MC. 13 or yet another MC 12 update.

1) When tagging, can you append characters/words to the start/end of multiple files. I'm currently using find/replace, but it's only possible if the entry has a common unique character at the beginning/end that I can replace. This feature is perfect for renaming the [name] tag to make several seasons of a TV show that have different naming conventions uniform. Some of my shows were ripped like: S01E04 Curb your enthusiasm because the stand-alone divx player I had only displayed a few characters, so it was better to see which episodes were being selsected than seeing a whole bunch of files called Curb you.

2) In the "clean file properties..." option, can we add replace period between words with space, similar to the option for underscores. I'm doing this with find and replace right now, but it would be even more convenient to do it in a one shot deal like "clean file properties offers". I think a lot of people would like to see this if they think about it.

3) In Theatre view options there's a space to add a caption under the [name]. Right now it's a blanket value for all files. I'd love to see it customisable per playlist. So a movie like Bowling for Colmubine will show the caption <Documentary> (<[genre]>) if it's in my All Movies smartlist, but will show <Michael Moore> (<[Director]>) in my Documentaries smartlist. There could be a "Caption to show in Theatre view" box right in the edit smartlist dialog.

4) I'd really like it if once importing is done, I'm not immediately taken to the "Recently Imported" list. First I get a Notification box and then I'm taken to "recently imported", no matter what I was in the middle of doing. The notification box is sufficient and I can go to the list if I choose to do so. It's not always possible to recreate the list of files I'm in the middle of tagging once you're automatically whisked to "recently imported".

That's it for now.  ;D Let me take this opportunity to wish the staff at JR a great holiday season, and to also add that I have NEVER seen such quick updates like you guys provide in commercial software. Thanks!

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: New feature list: are these already possible?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 01:05:14 pm »

I was sick and at home the other day and I finally got into some in-depth exploration of MC. I started tagging and organising my media. A few issues cropped up and here's my list. Any how-tos or feedback appreciated as usual. Maybe some of these suggestions will be incorporated into MC. 13 or yet another MC 12 update.

1) When tagging, can you append characters/words to the start/end of multiple files. I'm currently using find/replace, but it's only possible if the entry has a common unique character at the beginning/end that I can replace. This feature is perfect for renaming the [name] tag to make several seasons of a TV show that have different naming conventions uniform. Some of my shows were ripped like: S01E04 Curb your enthusiasm because the stand-alone divx player I had only displayed a few characters, so it was better to see which episodes were being selsected than seeing a whole bunch of files called Curb you.

I didn't finish reading your post, but this one is yes.

Check out the Liberace Rubber Chicken Thread.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 01:17:26 pm »

I didn't finish reading your post, but this one is yes.

Check out the Liberace Rubber Chicken Thread.

Thanks!

Fitbrit does the dance of joy!!!

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 01:23:07 pm »

4) I'd really like it if once importing is done, I'm not immediately taken to the "Recently Imported" list. First I get a Notification box and then I'm taken to "recently imported", no matter what I was in the middle of doing. The notification box is sufficient and I can go to the list if I choose to do so. It's not always possible to recreate the list of files I'm in the middle of tagging once you're automatically whisked to "recently imported".
I've been an ardent supporter of the recently imported playlist popping up as when im ready for an import thats what im expecting to see. It's helpful when you do small batches manually.

However if you have auto-import or import in large batches then it might seem obsolete. I expect they will do away with this in the next version once auto/batch importing becomes more popular.
Pages: [1]   Go Up