INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View - Left Buttons Columns display on demand?  (Read 1524 times)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Theater View - Left Buttons Columns display on demand?
« on: September 04, 2007, 09:58:54 pm »

Hi Everyone,

A feature request for theater view :).

Sometime ago, I believe there were a number of discussions about what are the "top 3" features missing in Theater View. A lot of good ideas came from those discussions and a lot of them were implemented. One of the idea that came out of that discussion was to have a mode/option in Theater View so that the left column of buttons (Back, Views etc. etc.) is only visible on demand. I believe this will simplify the look and feel of Design view and would be particularly helpful for displaying more content on small screens. For remote users, Menu key could be used to bring the left column button out. This would also simplify navigating in Line Up view because left arrow won't go to the Back button first before going up a level.

I know I can make a skin in which the left column menu is completely eliminated. I have already done that. But, that means I have access to search capability when I need it.

thanks,
Osho

Osho

• MC Beta Team
Re: Theater View - Left Buttons Columns display on demand?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 09:48:52 am »

bump..

I swear there was more interest in this the last time theater view features were discussed :).

thanks,
Osho

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 01:47:40 pm »

Oh, I'm interested and I'm sure others are too.  I was just hoping that the JRiver would chime in without needing a slew of "me too" bumps...

-John

mhakman

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 07:11:01 am »

I’m interested in this too. I think this is what we actually meant when discussing it before. As Osho, I’ve turned of the menu completely but now I need an ability to pop it up on request. Menu key on remote would be perfect, but a general keyboard shortcut and/or MCC command would be better because then you could map it to whatever you want. This provided that MC allows me to map keys on i.e. MCE remote.

Another much requested feature would be shortcut keys and/or MCC commands for some of the items on Theatre View menu i.e. Home, Playing Now, and Search. We have already one for Display (Big Screen in current parlance). However it works as a toggle. In my opinion, toggles are not as user-friendly as buttons that always do the same action or nothing, if you are already there, so to speak. Then on my universal remote’s LCD screen I could have Home, Display, Playing Now, and Search so that every button would do what it says, nothing more and nothing less.

Thanks/Mikael

MrHaugen

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 09:05:06 am »

You got my wote! I have been asking for this for ages too.
A shortcut to toggle it on and off would be huge bonus. Making it work with a standard "menu" button or similar on MCE remotes would also be great, as there are ones that you can't configure (as my Gyration MCE RF remote).
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 12:59:53 am »

Thanks everyone for their response. I am glad to know that other people are interested in this as well.

Any chance of this being implemented? :).

thanks,
Osho
Pages: [1]   Go Up