INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WebMedia and live365.com  (Read 1102 times)

johnd126

• Junior Woodchuck
WebMedia and live365.com
« on: September 01, 2007, 11:48:58 am »

Hi

I recently purchased and MC 12 and am enjoying it very much.  Mostly I'm using it in client / server mode since my music is stored on a computer in the basement and I do most of my listening upstairs in the office.

I was pleased to see that live365.com included in the WebMedia list but I'm having trouble with it.  Every time I click on one of my presets on the live365 website using the integrated browser I get a pop up saying that it can't find the live365 player.  I have it set up on the site to use an external mp3 player.  This works fine if launch it using and EXTERNAL browser and have it associated with MC12. 

When I ok that popup and get the stream playing it works fine.  Except when I try choosing a different station in my list of presets live365 will complain that I'm not logged in correctly and it will play an error stream.  Only by closing MC completely can I (sometimes) change the station. 

How do I get this working properly?

Thanks
John

PS: I'm using version 12.0.308 on Vista.  I was having trouble with earlier versions crashing on Vista but this one has been working great.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: WebMedia and live365.com
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 12:42:16 am »

We'll take a look.

Some of the web media integration is "brute force" meaning we catch clicks, etc. so that site changes by them or user configuration differences can cause issues.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

johnd126

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 01:50:55 pm »

We'll take a look.

Some of the web media integration is "brute force" meaning we catch clicks, etc. so that site changes by them or user configuration differences can cause issues.

Thanks.  Other than wanting to save my client set up locally (i.e. have it open on the 'audio' window, etc) I don't have any other issues. 

John

jimn

• World Citizen
  • You are getting sleepy...very sleepy...
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 02:08:33 pm »

As Matt points out, the integration is done by "brute force" so it possible the we won't be able to get it to integrate smoothly.

The popup box saying that it can't find the live365 player is a known annoyance; we haven't figure out a way to prevent the site from popping it up (it's basically complaining that we took away the stream).

I'm not able to reproduce the errors you're getting when switching to another stream. I've tried it several times and it worked, though I do sometimes get a message saying the stream is full (of listeners).

Do you have a paid membership to the site? That may explain the difference; I'm working off an unpaid membership.

JimN

johnd126

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 02:30:57 pm »

As Matt points out, the integration is done by "brute force" so it possible the we won't be able to get it to integrate smoothly.

The popup box saying that it can't find the live365 player is a known annoyance; we haven't figure out a way to prevent the site from popping it up (it's basically complaining that we took away the stream).

I'm not able to reproduce the errors you're getting when switching to another stream. I've tried it several times and it worked, though I do sometimes get a message saying the stream is full (of listeners).

Do you have a paid membership to the site? That may explain the difference; I'm working off an unpaid membership.

JimN

I do have a paid live365 membership and have logged in through the integrated browser.   I'm trying to switch between 'MPYR - The Empire' and 'Modern Rock Classics'. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up