INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 Bonehead Questions (I Should Know Better) BUT  (Read 1459 times)

NY40Male

2 Bonehead Questions (I Should Know Better) BUT
« on: August 17, 2002, 11:24:32 pm »

1) When Loading Media Jukebox Without Any Files In The Library The Search Hard Drive Comes Up Each Time (Mary's Computer Is Setup Now To Just Connect To The Server So There Arent Any Files On Her Computer) And After Clicking Cancel 50 Times Shes Gonna Cut Off My Sex Life..So Please Help!!!

2) Using Line In If I Plan To Record Old Cassettes Laying Around...Backtracking A Little Here But When Inserting A CD Pops Up CDDB And It Reads The CD...What Happens When Line-In Recording Or Does A Person Have To Enter All The Titles Manually..Can You Use Just A Walkman For Doing This..Does The Equipment Matter?...Also Will Line In Recording Separate The Tracks...Song 1..Song 2...etc

Appreciate The Help As Always
And Hope Everyone Is Having A Great Weekend

Fastyves

• World Citizen
  • Let me think about it !
RE:2 Bonehead Questions (I Should Know Better) BUT
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2002, 06:09:19 am »

Q1 : could it help to put in Mary's computer library only 1 single file ?

Q2.1 : as far as I know you will have to type in all tracks info (since those tracks don't have tags).

Q2.2 : Options > Recorder Settings > Split tracks - could be possible you have to tweak those values according to the cassette (best to try for a couple of tracks) - but MJ will definitely split the tracks.

Hope this helps,
Yves.

Listening to: 'Broken Wings' from 'Speaking With The Angel' by 'Mary Black' on Media Jukebox

NY40Male

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2002, 07:30:37 am »

Nope That Helps Greatly...Does A Walkman Matter Or Not?
Or Any Equipment Just As Good For This Purpose?

cjdshaw

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2002, 08:01:14 am »

I have all my songs and my MJ database on a server, accessed from several other PC's around the house. The only time I get the Media Import dialogue popping up automatically, is if the server is turned off or the PC isn't on the network. It shouldn't matter whether the songs are stored locally or not. So long as there are tracks in Mary's database you should be OK.

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2002, 04:46:30 pm »

You can use CDDB in Recorder. You have to type in the artis and tiltle of the album but you get a track list.
That's right.
I'm cool.

NY40Male

Using A Walkman
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2002, 08:41:23 am »

For Line In Recording....Can You Use The Headphone Jack Or
Do I Need Another Type Of Cassette Recorder....Really Novice
About This Sorry

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2002, 03:38:21 pm »

As Joe Mama has implied, it does all depend on your sound card. In my experience, a patch cord from your headhone output on your amp to a line-in jack on your soundcard will work. You must be VERY careful not to overmodulate. ie, the headphone jack is volume control dependent ... it's really the same as a speaker jack because your headphones are really speakers ... So if you are turned up too loud, all you will get is noise. LOUD noise. Experiment. Start at a low volume and work your way up to what sounds good. Run AUTO Volume Control often at different output levels to get the best volume / least distortion return. Record in wav and convert later. I have spent hours and hours doing this. Get WavePurity http://www.wavepurity.com/usa/usa/frame.htm
and process out the crackles, clicks, pops, etc. from your records and hiss from your tapes. There is a free version. It does a good basic job on tapes and records that are already in pretty good shape.
Clean your tape heads with alcohol. Clean your records with a half & half mixture of denatured alcohol and distilled water. Spray it on and let it soak a few seconds. Don't get it on your labels. Use a soft bristled (preferably natural bristles) paint brush to work it into the grooves (round and round GENTLY). Use a SOFT, DUSTLESS cotton cloth (an old cloth diaper works best) to dry it (again, round and round GENTLY). Treat it just like you would your plastic eyeglasses if you wanted them to last for several years.
Some might say that this is rough treatment and it is. It is, however, better than letting fingerprints, dust and smoke (of any kind) eating up the plastic ... and it will.
Hope this helps.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.
Pages: [1]   Go Up