INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging question  (Read 1044 times)

Marty3d

• Citizen of the Universe
Tagging question
« on: September 11, 2007, 03:43:18 am »

Usually I use Tag&Rename for file tagging, but today I thought I tag some video files (TV series)...but noticed that I haven't got a clue if it even works this way I'm trying!

So... I have filled in [Season] (01), [Episode] (01-06), and [Album] (Day Of The Triffids) for all files. Now I wanted to use these fields set the [Name] tag a bit more organized. So I figured you could use a rename thingy somewhere and set [name] to [Album] S[Season]E[Episode]. See what I mean?

First I tried the 'Fill properties from filename' since I used that to set [Album] name from directory., but nothing happened (I used 'from filename', totally wrong of course). Then I thought about Find and replace...but it didn't seem right.

So, could this idea be done at all or am I on the wrong path here?

Thanks!
/Martin

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Tagging question
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 12:15:27 pm »

if you've used MC to tag your video files, then the tool you'd be looking to use is "Rename Files From Properties".

if you only wish to change the filename, uncheck the 'Directory' option and place your filename template ([Album] S[Season]E[Episode]) in the filename field.

-marko.

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 01:17:00 pm »

If however you're just trying to update the [Name] field, select all the files and enter this into the first Name entry:
=[Album] S[Season]E[Episode]

-John

Marty3d

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 02:31:53 am »

skeeterfood, that was exactly what I was looking for! Didn't know you could make inline editing like that, fantastic!

Pages: [1]   Go Up