INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need cover art help  (Read 1429 times)

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Need cover art help
« on: September 13, 2007, 03:36:37 pm »

I'm gonna change much of my MP3 library with flac files. In that process I would like to get the biggest possible cover art from either sources (old or new albums).

This is what I would like to:

1. Put cover from file/tag to cover.jpg in each album folder (because I might have gotten newer and bigger images that's just saved in the files, not in cover.jpg).
2. Replaced all my MP3 album folders with Flac folders and replace cover.jpg if new cover is better (manual work).
3. After I have replaced all my MP3 album folders with Flac folders I would like to update every art tag with the cover.jpg from each directory.

Is there a way to do both number 1 and 3? I belive the "Quick Find in File/Art Cover Directory" option can help me with my last problem. Anyone tried anything similar?
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

JONCAT

Re: Need cover art help
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 10:42:19 pm »

Couldn't you use a virtual device to use Sync feature which let's you write to cover art to folder. Then later  use MC to delete all the copied MP3 files. One your new files are ripped to the correct folders you could use Cover Art>Quick Find in File/Directory.

DC

MrHaugen

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 04:41:10 am »

That might work. I'll test it out later.
Thanks

Strange that a "Copy cover art from tag to cover.jpg" function does not exest though.
Maby I've just missed it?

JONCAT

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 07:57:35 am »

KING SPARTA had a plugin that would do this but I think it was/is only for MC11.

DC

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 04:12:44 pm »

Strange that a "Copy cover art from tag to cover.jpg" function does not exest though.
Maby I've just missed it?

I've requested it a few times, but doesn't seem to be high on the priority list.  I bit the bullet and just deleted all the internal cover art (most of it was crappy 170x170, so no big loss) and used Get from internet... to re-populate my coverart.  In the end, I only had a handful of albums without art, or with the wrong art.  Now I'm going back through and searching for at least 500x500 coverart for all my albums.

-John

MrHaugen

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 08:04:42 am »

It should be a easy enough feature to implement. Would save me a bit of work.

I tried a couple of plugins from KingSparta, but they were mostly for download and uploading cover art from the tags inside of the tracks. Helps me very little in this case.
I'll just have to leave my library as it is, and update the cover art tag from the folder.jpg files and tracks that i import.
Let's hope the "Quick find in file / cover art directory" does the trick.
Pages: [1]   Go Up