INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new PDT file available and new iPods  (Read 1458 times)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
new PDT file available and new iPods
« on: September 15, 2007, 07:35:12 am »

Hi,

I just noticed that a new PDT file was available and I downloaded it hoping for iPod classic support :). MC12 indeed now correctly identifies and displays the iPod Classic. The sync etc. operation seems to be working - except that after ejecting the iPod, I see no music on my iPod. I half-expected it so I was not surprised but I wanted to mention this here so others don't try to sync up with the new iPods unless they are aware of this.

Osho

olarte

• World Citizen
Re: new PDT file available and new iPods
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 11:00:33 am »

Interesting and not surprising... where did you get the PDT file?

This is similar to what happened to me with Sharepod 3.4 I was able to copy songs off the ipod, but when I edited an id3 tag, I was no longer able to see anything on the ipod. Luckily Sharepod makes a backup and I was able to restore it from sharepod.

one suggestion before trying out a new pdt file etc... is to use sharepod to "backup" the ipod database on the device. this way if the PDT\sync whatever breaks it you can restore it with sharepod... otherwise eventhough everything is there, you'll need to wipe out the device according to Itunes.

Note: Use Sharepod at your own risk... to restore etc...

olarte

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 01:02:42 pm »

Osho, what type\model of the Ipod classic do you have?

I downloaded the new PDT file (via Help check for updates).

And Still got the "Your Ipod could not be identified, Ipod type: #####YMX,",1452,4705" message in MC 12 build 318. 

I restarted MC, reconnected the ipod, tried to re-detect etc...

Also as far as sharepod, it automatically makes a backup, and if the ipod DB gets wiped out this brings it back to the latest... although if you don't use sharepod right before experimenting with things like MC, then you stand the chance of having the latest backup and having orhpan mp3 files\folders with the restore....

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 01:10:09 pm »

olarte,

I have 160GB iPod Classic in black color. Which one do you have?

I am also using the 12.0.323 version of MC12 but I am not sure if that matters. I think the version you have is sufficiently new.

Osho

olarte

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 01:43:35 pm »

olarte,

I have 160GB iPod Classic in black color. Which one do you have?

I am also using the 12.0.323 version of MC12 but I am not sure if that matters. I think the version you have is sufficiently new.

Osho

uh? where did you find 12.0.323? All I see posted is 12.0.318. In any case mine is also a 160gb black with YMX at the end of  the S/N. Strange.
Pages: [1]   Go Up