INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Organisational Ideas  (Read 996 times)

Nila

Organisational Ideas
« on: August 17, 2002, 05:36:12 am »

Hey all,
I got a problem. I'm about to burn all my music onto mp3 cd's so thatI have around 6 or 7 albums per cd.
I have around 400 albums of different genre's and artists.

I'm trying to work out the best way to burn them all.

I could do it alphabetically but the problem with that is it gets messed up really easily as soon as I get a new album.
I was thinking to just do it by genre then and put all the same genre's on the cd's.

Anyone got any other ideas of how I could group the albums per cd so I can keep it fairly well organised??

Thanks

nila

RE:Organisational Ideas
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2002, 03:54:31 pm »

aww come on, this boards full of music fans most of whom are pretty smart. I know you all have some ideas, lets hear them.

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2002, 05:17:32 pm »

I think your own genre idea, is the most viable if you want the overview in the long run, when getting new cd's.

sekim

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2002, 09:39:31 am »

Whatcha gonna do with these cds? For the car ,portable? If so, do either support CD-RW discs'?

I kind of had the same thoughts when adding new albums. For me, the portable I use supports CD-RW discs'. This makes it a bit easier when the library changes. Simply erase and start over with a fresh batch of mp3s.

Even with the genre scheme, when you add new artist / albums it is going to mess up the order of the disc vs. library.

How about by date or something in the custom fields?

This is a stumper when you think about it. Every addition updates MJ, but not your burns. Hence, the idea about CD-RW is the only thing I can say would be sure fire.

Mark Coutinho

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2002, 02:25:08 am »

I'd say: on date. And do it on CD-RW (if your cd-player can play them, that is)

kandarohidharmapala

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2002, 11:08:28 pm »

i plan to do the same thing when i get a new computer with cdrw, and my idea is organize and get into yhe habit of listening to your music in playlists that total up timewise into a nice length for burning each list onto cd one at a time... if this is possible, ( i cant try it yet...no burner!), then if you love the playlist, you'll love the cd. the difficulty i have is i messed up when making my current playlists, and there are duplicates on many, and want to redo them all. when i made them was when mj was new for me, and i made them by viewing recently imported, right clicking, choosing add to playlist, and trying to remeber what i had added as i went along. i need to know how to view all the mp3s in mjs library to redo all my playlists, and dont know how to do this... if you think this idea of burning from playlists would work for you, but dont know how to reorganize your files into playlists, and/or nurn each playlist onto cd, then keep an eye out on any replies to the message i am posting today "how can i view all the files in mj library at once?", and see what people come up with for that, and when you like your playlists and they are the right size for burning, if you have problems burning them one at a time, post a question of your own, and if no replies, or its not possible, maybe suggest this feature as answers to the messages here concerning version 9... if people support this facility, maybe j river will put it into the new version when it comes if its not possible with the current one. thanks for reading
Pages: [1]   Go Up