INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is multizone playback in the works for version 9?  (Read 708 times)

Mastiff

Is multizone playback in the works for version 9?
« on: August 17, 2002, 04:19:17 am »

Hi!
The one feature I really want is the ability to either have several installations addressd to one soundcard each or to have the possibility to internally play songs to each their own soundcard and preferably also a "Party mode" wich sends the same song to all zones. Is this a possiblity?

Tor

PhatPhreddy

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Cosmic Comic
RE:Is multizone playback in the works for version 9?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2002, 04:40:12 am »

This one has been thrashed around on AVS too a few times...

Currently another player can map different outputs to different pairs of a multi channel card (so 4 zones with a 8 channel) but can not sync all zones to one channel perfectly...

For me I would say that an inexpensive rs232 controlled switcher or dedicated multi zone amp would possibly be a better way to go at this point...

I dont have a home set up multizone but the one I am starting to think about the design of will be multi zone for audio and have cat5 everywhere...
Phreddy@PhatPhreddy.net ICQ# 168975535
HTPC Front ends  

phelt

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2002, 02:54:38 pm »

I wish I had the money to worry about stuff like this

Mastiff

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2002, 10:43:03 pm »

My home IS set up multizone (four zones so far, more coming), but I have to use W... for the three other zones while I use MJB for the living room zone. But I'd like to use MJB for everything.

Tor
Pages: [1]   Go Up