INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVD lookup and Coverart?  (Read 1860 times)

kevind

• Junior Woodchuck
DVD lookup and Coverart?
« on: September 02, 2007, 02:09:30 am »

I've backed up all my DVD's and tried to get cover art the same as I do for CDs but the results are always 0.

What's up for DVD coverart and details lookup?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: DVD lookup and Coverart?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 12:44:25 am »

It's a relatively new feature, and relies on user submission.  The database is not as complete as the CD database.

Any help from users (in the form of submissions) is appreciated.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 02:32:21 am »

What fields are stored in the jriver database, if I submit info for a movie?

itschrismck

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 11:19:37 pm »

I have about 100 DVDs backed up and have them in MC12. I realized there was no automatic cover art tagging system. So here is what I did. Each of my backed up DVDs are in their own folder (i.e. PULP FICTION) in that folder is the video_ts & audio_ts folders.  I go online and locate the DVD cover art using Google images("pulp fiction dvd") and then copy & paste it in the main DVD folder for that movie. Then I go into MC12 and tell it where the cover art is. Now you got a nice clean pic displayed. Seems to work for well for me unless there is an easier way I don’t know about. Hope this helps.

ONE PROBLEM: The artwork will be come corrupt or completely lost if you upgrade or fully restore MC12. I have backed up the library but even after restoring it the DVD cover are is gone and I have to reattach to each DVD. YEIKS!

ANY IDEAS ANYONE??

Thanks
CM

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 01:44:07 am »

hi matt i have about 1200 dvd cover arts saved on my computer in genres. how can I help? 

kevind

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 02:42:29 am »

Why does the cover art "submit to internet" not work? I've got several hundred to upload.

Another thing about this DVD stuff. There is no proper rating field. IE G, PG, R and no parental control lock that I can see

One other note. I did try and "download from internet" and got a few movies, HOWEVER, I am going to replace all the coverart as the images are really sub-standard...too  small and poor resolution.

No offence intended, but if we are all going to contribute to this new DVD Cover art library let's all try and add decent quality cover art. A good location is either walmart.com or amazon.com

Acutally I personally think that this is a tonne of work when there are automated options out there. Why not just do a lookup against Amazon for coverart, actors, plot etc. MyMovies does this, DVD Lobby does this and a host of other Media software packages for HTPC.

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 05:22:36 pm »

The [Access Rating] field is where I'd put the G, PG, PG-13, R, ... ratings.

Then you can use View->Access Control... to hide, with password protection, all items with the appropriate access ratings.

-John

kevind

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 11:58:37 pm »

Thanks for the heads up. Will do that :)

What about movie descriptions. There does not appear to be any means to input nor anywhere in the Theatre View to take advantage of this extra kind of data. Movie data input require a huge amount of personal work: coverart, Description, Directors, Ratings, Release date, Genres....that's why other software use automated lookups to central database like Amazon or IBDM  and such.  I for one don't have the time to manually put all this information in for every movie.

Still I don't understand why we cannot submit coverart and information to the online database. Everytime I try to it fails  Just from those of use posting here in this thread we most likely have a couple of thousand cover arts to start things of well.

Anyone from J River care to comment on the inability to submit DVD data including coverart?

The [Access Rating] field is where I'd put the G, PG, PG-13, R, ... ratings.

Then you can use View->Access Control... to hide, with password protection, all items with the appropriate access ratings.

-John

kevind

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 11:50:00 pm »

Going to bump this. Have not been able to submit any info to the online database. Database appears to be offline?

It's a relatively new feature, and relies on user submission.  The database is not as complete as the CD database.

Any help from users (in the form of submissions) is appreciated.

It would be so much easier if DVD Lookups were just an automated lookup to IMBD or Amazon: Coverart, Plot, Genre, Rating, Prod Year, Actors, Director etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up