INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging  (Read 1479 times)

realdeal

• Recent member
Tagging
« on: July 28, 2007, 10:05:43 pm »

I'm about to rip about 300 cd's and want to make sure I do this right the first time! ;)

How can I ensure that all of my rips will carry all the tag information with them?  I will be ripping to the FLAC format.  Thanks!

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Tagging
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 11:07:57 pm »

By default MC writes all usual library fields to the file tags if the file format supports tagging.

A general enable/disable tagging option is here: Options > General > Importing & Tagging > Update tags when file info changes.

Each library field has a separate option for file tagging. Mostly it is enabled by default. You can find the field specific options here: Options > Library & Folders > Standard Library Fields / User Library Fields > click a field name to edit the options.

However, the default tagging options should be fine if you have not changed them.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 03:31:06 am »

By default MC writes all usual library fields to the file tags if the file format supports tagging.

A general enable/disable tagging option is here: Options > General > Importing & Tagging > Update tags when file info changes.

Each library field has a separate option for file tagging. Mostly it is enabled by default. You can find the field specific options here: Options > Library & Folders > Standard Library Fields / User Library Fields > click a field name to edit the options.

However, the default tagging options should be fine if you have not changed them.

- If you define user Library Fields in Tools/Options/Library&Folders, be sure to check "Store in File Tags (when possible).

- (Define those User Library Fields before you start ripping.)

- Add the tags you want to edit to the view for your CD/DVD drive and in the Recently ripped and recently Imported views.

- In the tag window, click on the small icon at the top left of the caption.  Choose "Slow Tags in Current View".

- If you want to be sure that every rip is error-free, choose Secure Ripping in Tools/Options/CD and DVD/Advanced Ripping Options.
It is slower that the Normal mode but each block of audio data is read twice and the data compared.

Bill

craft

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 03:13:14 pm »

null

edbro

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 03:19:36 pm »

i thought i'd hijack this thread rather than starting a new one, since my question concerns tagging. hope it's ok.

is it possible to change audio tags in mc from UPPER to lower case?

Library Tools - Clean File Properties - Fix Capitalization

craft

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 03:33:51 pm »

null
Pages: [1]   Go Up