INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sequence versus track order  (Read 1005 times)

boliver

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Sequence versus track order
« on: September 21, 2007, 10:04:47 pm »

I have asked this question before but didn't get any reasonable answer (as if this problem doesn't exist...)

If you click on a track from an album (when you have searched "by album), I expect that any other songs that come with that album will be played in the track order of the album.  I.e. if you selected the 6th track, the next track should be the 7th track etc.  But what I get is a some inexplicable "sequence order" which doesn't seem to make any sense at all.  I don't remember this being an issue with MC 11.

Why don't tracks playback in track order?  Once the sequence order (seemingly randomly) is set, there is no way to change it... (1)

NO, I don't have Shuffle selected.

I am using the latest version of the MC 12 as per the automatic download within MC.

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sequence versus track order
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 10:50:03 pm »

A suggestion...

I have observed that if the field "Disc #" is populated with data then it can mess up the sort order of "Track#".

I now clear "Disc #" as part of my standard workflow before importing to avoid this problem.

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sequence versus track order
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 11:08:20 pm »

boliver,

I re-read your post and think I may now understand your problem.

MC does not work like an iPod. With an iPod when you select track 6 of an album it plays 6, then 7,8,9 etc to end of album.

With MC when you select track 6 it adds it to Playing Now (in the manner you have specified in options) and then plays whatever is next in Playing Now. You need to add all of the album tracks you wish to play to Playing Now.

Pages: [1]   Go Up