INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.335  (Read 2998 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.335
« on: October 01, 2007, 08:44:44 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120335.exe

12.0.335 (10/01/07)

1. Fixed: Running import during a handheld sync could cause duplicate tracks to get imported.
2. Fixed: Media Center would not allow the program to be closed when analyzing a large handheld sync in a background thread.
3. Fixed: MC would crash when transferring photos to iPods - introduced in 331.
4. Changed: TV option "This device requires a cable to route sound directly to the sound card" now defaults to FALSE (unchecked) as most newer devices do not need such connection.

12.0.334 (9/28/07)

1. NEW: Added the ability for HH devices to double as cameras (particularly useful for phones).
2. Changed: Updated musepack (mpc) encoder exe to version 1.16
3. Changed: Updated musepack (mpc) decoder library to 1.2.6
4. NEW: Multiple TV tuner/video capture devices can be loaded/played in different zones. Now users can play one channel in one zone while recording another channel in a different zone.
5. Fixed: Shortcuts would not get created on a fresh install.
6. Updated: Partial support for canon 40D raw files added.  (sRAW still not supported.)
7. Fixed: Added the authToken to menalto support.
8. Fixed: Album art images were getting scrambled on the new iPod models.

12.0.333 (9/28/07)

EXPERIMENTAL ALPHA BUILD.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Media Center 12.0.235
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 09:33:02 pm »

4. NEW: Multiple TV tuner/video capture devices can be loaded/played in different zones. Now users can play one channel in one zone while recording another channel in a different zone.

This will be a welcome feature!

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Media Center 12.0.335
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 10:09:08 pm »

This will be a welcome feature!

Just make sure you do not try running the same device in two different zones simultaneously. They will not react to such attempt nicely. Only one instance of a TV device can be used at a given time.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

dremo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 10:45:55 am »

The last.fm plugin does not work on the client side if you are streaming  music from Media Server.

It looks like the filename filter  does not return any values. If you type in the the search filename=m01p:// you still see all of the files in the library. The instant you ad the server name there are no results.

Drew

newsposter

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 03:20:32 pm »

Yaobing, that is the kind of restriction that MC really should check for and refuse to allow.

richard.e.morton

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 03:21:17 pm »

Just a comment the text when you click on services and plugins for the library server should be made less ambiguous ffrom:

Library Server
Provides on-demand streaming of your files (music and images) from a Server to a Client. The Server is the PC that makes its library available to another computer, while the Client is the computer that sees those files. It allows you to share the library from one computer to another computer, or across the Internet.

to:

Library Server
Provides on-demand streaming of your files (music and images) from a PC running Media Center setup as a Server to a different PC running Media Center as a client Client. The Server is the PC that makes its library available to another computer, while the Client is the computer that sees those files. It allows you to share the library from one computer to another computer, or across the Internet. On a local network Media Center can auto detect Media Center servers.

I've not got or used a Tivo (UK based, they never took off over here), but I think the uPNP wording could be improved as well:

Will connect to a variety of UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) devices, which let you stream audio, video and images to your home theater or TV.

changed to

Will allow network devices that support the common uPnP service to connect to your Media Center library and use your media files remotely.

just a query, but couldn't media center in the future of course become a uPnP client, or would the functionality provided currently be reduced?

HTH

Rich

Media Center 12 with Girder and Netremote
Windows XP Pro SP2
Tranquil T2e
Via SP13000
2x500GB in RAID1
Testing AJAX Web-I/F
Humax DVB PVR-9600T
Denon ADV-1000
Celestion F-Series Speakers

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 07:43:36 pm »

Still broken is the Auto Size Columns option (first reported in 329 by many folks and again in 332).  Please fix like it used to be (last worked in 318, broke in 329, 332 and now 335).  Even the Seq # and Track # columns show ... for all seqs/tracks with numbers greater than 9 (looks silly).

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 08:14:10 pm »

The first time I tried syncing photos to my iPod with 335 MC seemed to get stuck in the preparing phase. It analyzed all the photos and labeled them as "waiting", but never started the transfer. I gave up after about 15 minutes and canceled the sync. When I retried it worked fine.

As for cover art, some of them are still associated with the wrong albums. I did NOT try re-initializing my iPod with 335, so this might be left over form before. I'll try a re-init tonight.

Finally, the bug regarding syncing Podcasts still exists. If you select any/all of the Podcasts to sync then everything in your entire library is brought into the sync list.

On a side note. What's the typical process for upgrading an iPod when Apple releases a new firmware version? Is it to run iTunes to perform that upgrade? If so, then I'll leave iTunes installed for future use.

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 02:24:14 am »

2. Changed: Updated musepack (mpc) encoder exe to version 1.16
3. Changed: Updated musepack (mpc) decoder library to 1.2.6

Thank you so much for the continued mpc support. That makes me very happy.

hottuna

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 03:23:11 am »

On a side note. What's the typical process for upgrading an iPod when Apple releases a new firmware version? Is it to run iTunes to perform that upgrade? If so, then I'll leave iTunes installed for future use.

That is the process, in iTunes on the Edit / Preferences / General tab there is a checkbox to Check for updates automatically.  iTunes will notify you of updates for iTunes and iPod.

dcwebman

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2007, 07:19:50 am »

Still broken is the Auto Size Columns option (first reported in 329 by many folks and again in 332).  Please fix like it used to be (last worked in 318, broke in 329, 332 and now 335).  Even the Seq # and Track # columns show ... for all seqs/tracks with numbers greater than 9 (looks silly).
I can confirm that many columns are made smaller in width including the Name column.
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up