INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod Classic Weird Sync Issues  (Read 2395 times)

RiderFan

iPod Classic Weird Sync Issues
« on: September 25, 2007, 01:00:03 am »

I am having some issues syncing my Classic with MC12 (latest version). The physical syncing is fine, but when I select items to be synced in the options menu, MC doesn't seem to follow the rules when it comes time to sync.

For instance, if I select to sync with 1 specific podcast, MC will want to sync ALL podcasts. When I select to sync 1 specific playlist, MC will want to sync ALL playlists. When I select to sync 1 specific media type, (audio for example) MC will want to sync with ALL media types.

Are these known issues? Are you working on a fix? Anyone else see this?

SwellGuy

Re: iPod Classic Weird Sync Issues
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 04:34:47 pm »

I can't reproduce this problem in build 12.0.332.

RiderFan

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 04:51:44 pm »

I am using .329

Also, I tried it on a different computer and it does the exact same thing.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 07:25:58 pm »

Did you carefully go over the "sync list" (expanding all the branches) to make sure that there aren't other items checked that could explain the behavior?  I believe the list works in an "AND" fashion, meaning that if you have "All Audio" checked, but you also have a playlist checked that contains video files, you'll get video files as well.

Exactly what do you mean when you say "sync with 1 specific podcast"?  Do you mean you created a playlist that only contains a single podcast and nothing else, or that it contains a list of files that only includes a single podcast, or ?  Note that if you don't have "delete all files not in sync" checked, it will keep all the current files on the iPod.

You might want to delete everything on the iPod and create a very short, simple smartlist or playlist (a couple albums), then look at the list of files that MC is planning on syncing. and see if you can isolate the problem.

Larry

RiderFan

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 08:45:45 pm »

The absolutely only thing checked in the Sync List is Buzz Out Loud under podcasts, nothing else.

When I go look in my Apple Ipod Classic under Drives and Devices, I see a list. I have a ton of things marked duplicate under status (not sure why), I have a ton of things marked as On Device. Then I have Yoga Zone (X3), Bungee, and Fishy Soup (All Videos) marked as In Queue.

My question is that if all I want to sync is Buzz Out Loud, then why are videos set to be transfered?

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 09:21:21 pm »

I know it's a pain, but you might want to try an MC re-initialize on you iPod (or even a restore, followed by a re-initialize.)  I'd then experiment with some simple playlists and/or smartlists and see what MC "wants" to sync -- i.e. does it display the correct file list before the sync, and if so, what happens after the sync, or if you change to a different sync list.  See if you can narrow in on where the problem is occurring.

Also, see if the "delete files not in sync" has any effect on the issue.  It appears that you're not using this option, but I believe that most people do use this option, which may be a crucial difference.

Larry

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 11:23:24 pm »

I can't reproduce this problem in build 12.0.332.

Can someone PLEASE give me an answer!  I have been trying to figure this simple question out for ever and no one can answer it!

Are these internal builds, such as .332, available to the public anywhere?  To the MC 12 Beta team?  Can I be added to it?  What are the pros/cons of using it?  It seems like your builds are quite stable and not very problematic -- except for those "introduced in build xxx" post builds.

SwellGuy

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 10:01:20 am »

Build 12.0.332 is now publicly available.

RiderFan

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 02:45:18 pm »

www.themarshallfamily.ca/photo/displayimage.php?pid=44&fullsize=1

OK, here is a pic so you can see what I'm talking about. Why do I have all these songs in my queue when all I want to do is sync 1 podcast????

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 05:11:30 pm »

www.themarshallfamily.ca/photo/displayimage.php?pid=44&fullsize=1

OK, here is a pic so you can see what I'm talking about. Why do I have all these songs in my queue when all I want to do is sync 1 podcast????

Thanks for the picture - that REALLY helps to clearly show the problem you're describing, and it shows the settings you're using.  Something is definitely malfunctioning there.

Did you try restoring the iPod, re-initializing it, and starting from scratch?  This has worked in the past to solve iPod oddities, so it's the first thing I'd try.  I'd update to 332 first.

Please let us know what happens.

Thanks,

Larry

RiderFan

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2007, 02:12:41 pm »

The new build (338) has fixed this issue. Thanx guys! It's nice to know that I wasn't going crazy.  :o
Pages: [1]   Go Up