INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundcheck/Replay Gain (again)  (Read 1119 times)

kartman

• Recent member
Soundcheck/Replay Gain (again)
« on: October 14, 2007, 08:27:17 pm »

Hey...

I'm new to MC and still in the trial period but, at this point, I'm sure I'll be purchasing shortly... I've tried to scan the forums before posting so I apologize if this is covered somewhere.

Basically, I have a large collection that is mostly FLAC and some MP3. I'm trying to understand MC's behaviour before I purchase and go to town creating a new library of my database.

With respect to Replay Gain... all of my files contain Replay Gain values but it appears that this info is ignored on import and MC requires me to manually analyze them, correct? My plan is to NOT allow MC to write to tags into my files. The analysis info can be stored in the library DB without writing to tags, yes? If not, can I control which tags MC is allowed to introduce to my files (i.e. leave everything I don't want touched alone)?

Moving onto Soundcheck, after analzing a test album, I allowed MC to convert to MP3 (from FLAC) and sync this new MP3 to my iPod. I scanned this new file but I don't see the iTunes tag entries for Soundcheck. Does MC insert something directly into the iTunesDB or should I be seeing the tag entries? Do I need to enable something for MC to create the Soundcheck info in this new MP3?

I hope I've been clear... this is a very nice tool and I'm excited to purchase and get down to implementing.

Thanx,

gummbah

• World Citizen
Re: Soundcheck/Replay Gain (again)
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 01:05:35 am »

MC does not recognise the replay gain tags that for example foobar and winamp uses. It writes them in its own format.
See this: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=40965.0
So you will have to analyse all your files in MC for replay gain values.

The good side is that MC does not have to change your files and tags, but can use a virtual tag library.
Go into options --> general --> and make sure there is no cross in front of 'update tags when file info changes'.
Then go to options --> file location --> and no cross in front of 'also store image in the file's tag.

Not sure about your soundcheck value. In my cases all values are transferred to the ipod (only track gain. album gain is unfortunately not possible). I never use ituntes so I do not know if the values MC writes in the Ipod's database are visible in Itunes. But it works on the ipod.

Cheers

Pages: [1]   Go Up