INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art problems  (Read 1307 times)

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Cover art problems
« on: October 13, 2007, 06:20:53 am »

Alot of my cover art dissappeared after a backup and restore. About ALL the cover art was perfect before I did this. I also rebuild the tumbnails.

I have "Save in tags when possible" and save cover art in "Same folder as files" as Folder.jpg. All my cover art IS folder.jpg next to the files.
Now, alot of my files have either the cover art pointed to cover.jpg, or as artist - name.jpg, next to the files.
Quick find and replace do not work. But I'm not shocked as the file names is not folder.jpg.
But what puzzels me is that I can't even update the cover art from the folder.jpg file it self.

I CAN however, paste new image to the files, and the location then becomes "inside file". This would require alot of work.
I need to update the inside file with Artist\Album\Folder.jpg. And then I can use the inside file only.

Can anybody help me save hours of work here?
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Cover art problems
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 06:24:10 am »

Search for folder.jpg here to read about similar problems.  Windows Media Player may have caused the problem.  I believe ghammer was one of the people who reported it.

MrHaugen

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 07:41:03 am »

I did, but could not find any solutions to adress my problem.

I found that about 1/6 of my files had replaced inside files of folder.jpg with cover.jpg or artist - ablum.jpg after the restore. Why I have NO idea.
A simple Update library from tags fixed most of this to "inside files". but even this was not enough. Still I'm left with 100-200 albums with no cover art. Seems like there is no actual cover art in the file tag... Do not know why they dissapeared.

Most of the albums that now is missing cover art are newly imported flac files, and a few MP3.
So, what I need now is to point the Image file to folder.jpg instead of "inside files". This could not be done with Find and replace.

How can I make the files use folder.jpg, and then possibly copying them inside the files?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 08:55:16 am »

MrHaugen

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 10:11:36 am »

I've read that one, and many of the mentioned threads there, and have found a partial answer or two. But unfortunatly my exact problem and steps to solve it is not covered.
Never mind... I can use update library from tags and some manual trixing.

I am left with one question:

If I remove the "Store image inside tags/files" and update tags from library; will I then update my folder.jpg with the images inside the tags? It don't seem to work. Alot of them are of better quality and I would like to get them "to disk" before I start messing up my whole library.
Although I noticed the folder.jpg file changed one time when I simply pasted a new image to the image tag for the files. If this is the behaviour that for all my image updates, the problem is non existent. I kan not be sure of that though, and I can NOT manage to reproduce this :(

And yes, I have searched and read.

- Carl
Pages: [1]   Go Up