INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Assistance: Need to Recover Files  (Read 944 times)

sell2survive

• Recent member
  • "You Talkin' To Me?"
Need Assistance: Need to Recover Files
« on: October 18, 2007, 05:15:29 pm »

Hello, My external HD which contained all my LP MP3 transfers has stopped operating, but I also have a back-up copy of these files on another External HD.  What is the easiest way for me to get these files back into MC12 without having to do this manually?  It's probably some simple task, but after reading about libraries I still cannot make head or tails about this concept. ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...s2s
All The News That Skews The Views...s2s

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Need Assistance: Need to Recover Files
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 05:44:20 pm »

If the remaing drive contains the only copy of the files you really should get another backup drive and reduplicate the files before you do anything else.

If that part is already taken care in a way or another and the remaining drive contains exact copy of the old folder structure the easiest way to link the files again is to change the drive letter (or letters) so that the library links point to the correct drive. On XP you can do that in Windows Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Storage > Disk Management (Local).

You should disable the Auto-Importer before proceeding.

If the file structure is more or less different it may still be possible to relink the files, but you would need to provide information about the differences.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up