INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question/Feature Request: Disable files from theater view  (Read 952 times)

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
Question/Feature Request: Disable files from theater view
« on: October 16, 2007, 09:26:30 am »

Hey guys. Though I think the answer is no, I figured I'd ask the question anyways. And if the answer is no, I think it would be a fantastic feature to implement.

Is there a way to be able to sort through the entire library of music, singles, various artist albums, standard full albums, etc. in certain MC views but maybe only display full albums in another view? What I'm trying to accomplish is be able to add my ~500 or so pop music hits that don't fit on any album (and happen to be some of my favorite songs) and add them into my library of nearly 4,000 full albums without them interfering with my theater view. (I don't want to be displayed a full album in theater view only to click it and find out there's just a single song there; if I'm in theater view I want to be browsing the full albums only). Any way to accomplish this?

It would really give people with lots of various artist albums and singles and things a good way to keep that music separated from all "normal" full albums if they so desired.

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Question/Feature Request: Disable files from theater view
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 09:54:30 am »

you could ofcourse make a library field called 'full album'. and give the single songs 'no' as value. then put in your views and smartlist full album is not no.

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 08:56:16 pm »

you could ofcourse make a library field called 'full album'. and give the single songs 'no' as value. then put in your views and smartlist full album is not no.

I understand how to make the library field and how to give them values of 'Yes' or 'No'. And I also see how to display only the ones that have a certain value when you click on Audio in standard view. However, even if that field is empty in standard view, when I go to theater view and click Audio, all the albums are there, regardless of what is in the 'Full Album' field. Where do I go to edit the option so this will get implemented in theater mode?

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 11:58:39 am »

I can't seem to figure this one out; Anyone??

gappie

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 05:47:34 am »

make a view that shows what you would like to see in theater view. call it for instance, theater view. now open theater view, go to audio>views and choose that view. it will always use that view for audio in theater view after that.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 09:45:08 am »

In this specially created View Scheme, you can filter out files that you don't want to see by any of MC's normal filtering methods.

One strategy would be to add a Keyword to all files you want to hide from Theater View (for example "NoTV"), and then add a filter to your new Theater View View Scheme to hide those files.  To do this, right click on your new View Scheme and choose Edit View Scheme, then add a filter to Step 4 in the dialog to exclude those files (using the wizard and my example you'd add a new rule, then choose Keyword in the box on the left, change the "comparison" to "is not" and type "NoTV" in the right box).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up