INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggeston: more tags  (Read 1154 times)

newmaidumosa

• Recent member
Suggeston: more tags
« on: October 23, 2007, 09:40:45 am »

would you consider adding more tags to MC..

tags such as "Featuring" , "CD Number" , "Volume" (to name a few) .. would be great.. and would help the conistency for tagging no end. 1 of the biggest problems I have when I try and automate any tagging of a large ammount of files is that different sources have differnt convetions for how they show that sort of info.

Listener

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Suggeston: more tags
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 10:41:27 am »

Why don't you define the library fields you want and specify the tags they correspond to?

Bill

newmaidumosa

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 11:27:54 am »

Hi Listener .. well 2 reasons...

1 because I am a noob :P

2 because the software users use tend to dictate how they behave.. me having a custom setup does not homoginise all the information out there. I would still have to get the data from different places and format it to fit my DB..... I think the the MC developers should be sort of benign dictators "pointing" people in the right direction for how to format their tags.. :)

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 02:04:46 pm »

.. me having a custom setup does not homoginise all the information out there. I would still have to get the data from different places and format it to fit my DB..... I think the the MC developers should be sort of benign dictators "pointing" people in the right direction for how to format their tags.. :)
Its not clear what you mean here. MC allows you to create any custom tags you wish and view said tags again in any way you desire.

What media formats are you using ?

Some formats will allow to save tags back to the file, in formats that don't support said tags then its stored in the library only, in a manner that is completely transparent to the user.

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 01:16:58 pm »

And I would like that MC supports ogg files only, cause thats the best file format  :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up