INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlist.......... what the heck am I doing wrong?  (Read 1463 times)

Chasoscar

• World Citizen
  • Being is Important......... being important is not
Playlist.......... what the heck am I doing wrong?
« on: October 26, 2007, 07:53:16 pm »

I have never tried using playlist on my ipod, usually just relying on genres. Since I have spent alot of time rating my songs, I decided to try using them on my iPod. Question....do I have to create playlist specific to my iPod or can I use existing playlist(with rules/modifiers)that I already have in MC.

I must be doing something wrong, because I have about 5150 mp3s or 27.8gigs that I put on my 30gig ipod. I have all those files in a playlist called “30 gig iPod”, but when I go into “handheld options” to set the sync options and add the 30gig iPod playlist and then try to add other playlist(i.e. ratings playlist, songs not heard in a week, etc) it adds extra files to the sync ending up with a total of 6325 files @ 35gigs, which is 7+gigs over what my iPod will hold.

Ive tried searching here for threads on this, and I know there is probably something on it somewhere, but I was unable to find anything that helped. I tried googling it but only got references to iTunes. Right now, the only way I can get my 5150 files on it is the way I always have....... by not adding playlist. After restoring my ipod and initializing it in MC, in the folder tree in MC, I could see a “playlist” drop down under the iPod. I tried adding playlist there but it also added 7+gb too many files. It seems to me that it is adding actual files (duplicates) instead of just a playlist of the files. Is it possible that I need to create a M3u playlist to put there? After clearing the list and uploading the files as I normally do without the playlist, I no longer had the drop-down “playlist” under the iPod in the MC tree....... where did it go?

I know this is probably simple and I am just doing something stupid, but cant figure out what the heck it is. Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks
C~

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Playlist.......... what the heck am I doing wrong?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 05:43:23 am »

“30 gig iPod”, but when I go into “handheld options” to set the sync options and add the 30gig iPod playlist and then try to add other playlist(i.e. ratings playlist, songs not heard in a week, etc) it adds extra files to the sync ending up with a total of 6325 files @ 35gigs, which is 7+gigs over what my iPod will hold.

You could try:

1. Make a new playlist group for holding iPod specific play/smart lists.
2. Move (drag > drop > move)your "30 gig iPod" play list into this new group.
3. Copy (drag > drop > copy) your other playlists, i.e. ratings playlist, songs not heard in a week, etc, to this new group.
4. Edit each of these "step 3" smart lists by adding p="30 gig iPod" to them.
5. Set your play list sync options.
6. Sync your ipod.

-marko.

Chasoscar

• World Citizen
  • Being is Important......... being important is not
Re: Playlist.......... what the heck am I doing wrong?
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 01:18:22 pm »

You da man Marko !!! Thanks, that was all it took...... I think the secret was adding the p= “30 gig iPod”. There were a couple of glitches, but I wont bore you with the details and I got them sorted out. Again, thanks a lot for your help and I want to buy you a steak dinner next time you are in South Mississippi.
C~~~
Pages: [1]   Go Up