INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Tools > Greyed out on Playlists  (Read 2380 times)

Couch

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Music. Sweet Music.
Library Tools > Greyed out on Playlists
« on: September 24, 2007, 11:52:39 pm »

Pardon me if I'm missing something obvious here but...

I went to update audio analysis - selected the smartlist 'Needs Audio Analysis' however when I select these files the Library Tools> analyze Audio is grayed out.

I'm certain I used to tag and Manage my library via Play/smartlists in earlier versions(?) Bug or 'Feature'?

Tried other methods... Analyze audio is greyed out regardless - I guess it has nothing to do with the playlists.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Library Tools > Greyed out on Playlists
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 02:59:24 am »

filetypes?

I'm pretty sure that things such as .aac, files, and obviously, audio streams, cannot be analysed.

The default "Needs Analysis" smartlist looks a little like so: [media type]=[audio] [replay gain]==0 or [peak level]==0 or [bpm]==0 or [intensity]==0
I've added a string of exclusions to mine to stop files that can't be analysed from getting into the list.
For things like audio streams, I'd have expected MC to be a little smarter about not adding them to the list, but there you go, that's what we have to work with atm, and some exclusion rules do take care of things in a "set and forget" manner :)

-marko.

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 03:27:44 am »

I've not got MC handy at the moment to confirm but I'm pretty sure if you select, for instance, 1000 MP3 files and just 1 AVI file at the same time, Analyse Audio will be greyed out on right click. In other words, all the files selected must be analysable for the Analyse Audio action to be enabled.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 05:00:37 am »

I've not got MC handy at the moment to confirm but I'm pretty sure if you select, for instance, 1000 MP3 files and just 1 AVI file at the same time, Analyse Audio will be greyed out on right click. In other words, all the files selected must be analysable for the Analyse Audio action to be enabled.
Hmmm....
I just tried this plus a few other things, and I can't actually get it to be greyed out at all!!! It's either not there at all, or it spawns an info dialogue....

?

on a lighter note, when I brought MC out of the tray to check this, gforce was doing particularly pretty things....

:D

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 05:15:18 am »

I just tried this, and I can't actually get it to be greyed out at all!!! It's either not there at all, or it spawns an info dialogue....

Hmm indeed! Sure I'd seen that behaviour before. Ah well.

on a lighter note, when I brought MC out of the tray to check this, gforce was doing particularly pretty things....

Lovely, thanks!

Couch

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Music. Sweet Music.
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 07:41:09 pm »

Files I've selected were local - I tried with one file selected (mp3)

Here's my Needs Analysis Smartlist: [Media Type]=[audio] ([Replay Gain]=0 or [Peak Level]=0 or [BPM]=0 or [Intensity]=0) [File Type]=[m4p],[mp3]

I noticed a few other things now grayed out too:

File>Library>Import Folder
Tool>Options, Burn Disc, (Everything under) Library tools>

There are others but I expect those from context...

I'm about to uninstall and reinstall... but... I hate doing that...

razumik

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 09:37:05 pm »

Is Media Center currently in Party Mode?..this would cause all of these options to be greyed out.

Couch

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Music. Sweet Music.
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 12:54:23 am »

Um... Yeah - that was party Mode... I discovered my err - sometime ago - thanks for all the suggestions ;)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 01:14:57 am »

Um... Yeah - that was party Mode... I discovered my err - sometime ago - thanks for all the suggestions ;)

Thanks for letting us know.  And nice detective work by razumik -- I would have never guessed that one.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up