INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Download New Metadata to Old Ripped Disks?  (Read 36 times)

Michael S.

• Recent member
Download New Metadata to Old Ripped Disks?
« on: Yesterday at 10:49:11 pm »

I first came across JRiver Media Center about 15 years ago.  I started building a pretty good size library, then after a few years stopped using it (probably because did not spend a lot of time listening to music on my desktop then).

This has changed now that I work remotely at home, using my work laptop to play Media Center files when not listening to internet radio.  Now I can enjoy the program fully and have a reason to invest time in it again.

Here is the problem I am running against: back then I did not do a very good job at ripping many disks in my collection.  When I rip disks now, I go to a lot of trouble to make sure the metadata is good (or download alternate data if not), and make sure everything is indexed clearly and completely.  I didn't do that back than and some disks have poor or incomplete metadata.

Here is my question: is it possible to download new metadata to old rips, one at a time?  Or can it only done at the time of the rip only?  I can go through the process of re-ripping my disks as needed but it would be easier to not have to do that.

MGD_King

• Citizen of the Universe
  • It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
Re: Download New Metadata to Old Ripped Disks?
« Reply #1 on: Today at 06:58:32 am »

Yes, this can be accomplished by selecting a file (or all files for an album) and right-click --> Library Tools --> Lookup Track Info From Online Database.
Pages: [1]   Go Up