INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Guidance with Sync Errors  (Read 1003 times)

wkmullen

Guidance with Sync Errors
« on: October 31, 2007, 12:12:21 pm »

OK, so I'm a new user with MC12 but have some experience with some other media players.  I have a perplexing problem when syncing playlists to the SD card I use in my Treo.  Can anybody point me towards the issues that would cause some songs to have the status 'error' while other songs sync without problem.  In some cases the songs are on the same original CD that I previously ripped.  I don't yet see anything that would set the 'error' songs apart from those that sync perfectly.  I will add that in all cases MC12 plays the songs that it won't sync.

Help please?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Guidance with Sync Errors
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 05:07:27 pm »

What file types?  Are you trying to convert as you copy?  Is the error during transfer or before?

Is the card reader (or Treo if that's the card reader) ever spotty?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

wkmullen

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 06:00:57 pm »

They are both mp3 and wma files.  No conversion is taking place.  When the transfer of one of the songs begins it looks normal, then it takes much longer than usual and the percent may not start counting or just count up a few percent.  The Treo is the card reader and no the card isn't spotty.  Its a 2m card, about half full.  A couple hundred songs are on it and play fine.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 07:27:12 pm »

They are both mp3 and wma files.  No conversion is taking place.  When the transfer of one of the songs begins it looks normal, then it takes much longer than usual and the percent may not start counting or just count up a few percent.  The Treo is the card reader and no the card isn't spotty.  Its a 2m card, about half full.  A couple hundred songs are on it and play fine.

You can talk to a device like that two ways: as a drive or with MTP (using WMDM which is an API for handhelds).  There are a lot of synonyms so I don't know our current exact wording in options, but try talking to your card like a drive instead of as an MTP device.  Look in Options > Handheld for an option like this.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up