INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Playback Volume Check  (Read 1657 times)

wraith

• Recent member
Video Playback Volume Check
« on: October 27, 2007, 04:12:18 am »

Hi

I've been using MC12 for a few days now and find it to be a very good product. Congratulations on releasing a quality product.

I've been experimenting using MC12 to play back a collection of video clips. The biggest problem I have is different audio levels in each video clip. Does MC12 have a function that can automatically adjust audio volume such as with MP3s (and, dare I say it, iTunes!)? Even being able to manually adjust the level for each clip would be great :) I've had a look through the FAQ and Help but didn't seem to be able to find anything that could help me.

Thanking in advance for your assistance and advice :)
System: Intel Quad Core
            6Gb RAM
MC: 20.0.080

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Video Playback Volume Check
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 06:37:59 am »

Only for audio I'm afraid, not video :(
If you haven't found this yet (Not clear from your post), then select the files you want to do, right-click, select Library Tools & then Analyse Audio.

-Leezer-

rjm

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 12:06:23 pm »

I am wondering if there is a work around. Does anyone know if one manually enters audio analysis data in video tags, will MC adjust the volume?

Mars

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 05:33:35 pm »

I think this can be solved trhough the FFDShow audio decoder configuration just checking volume normalization. Maybe a more authorized member could confirm this.

wraith

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 12:01:54 am »

I think this can be solved trhough the FFDShow audio decoder configuration just checking volume normalization. Maybe a more authorized member could confirm this.

Hey Mars!!
Thanks for the advice; good work :) . I downloaded FFDShow and gave it a go.
It's not perfect but does a pretty good job of normalising the audio.
Note to anyone else to give this a shot if they're having the same issue :)
System: Intel Quad Core
            6Gb RAM
MC: 20.0.080

Mars

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 09:06:56 am »

I'm glad it did it for you  ;). I've been playing around with this feature but I'm not absolutely sure if there are other settings to consider, like the option of "reset at seek", or if there is something to check in the "Mixing" or "Output" tabs?.

I use to play a series of randomized music video clips ripped from my DVD collection, each of them with different volume levels. At first I began a tedious labor of demuxing, postprocessing gain and mixing again using at least three external programs for it :(. But then I heard about this filter and I started playing with nice results, not perfect, as you said. So more knowledge about this issue will be very wellcome  ;D.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 09:32:29 am »

The best way to handle this for now is definitely via the DirectShow filters.  FFDSHOW can handle a very wide variety of compression types.  Perhaps I should add some reference to this to the Wiki....
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Mars

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 09:36:41 am »

That would be great, Glynor  ;)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 09:43:38 am »

I've been playing around with this feature but I'm not absolutely sure if there are other settings to consider

I don't know if you saw it, but there is a link to a great FFDSHOW configuration primer on AVS Forums in the FFDSHOW part of the DirectShow Playback Guide on the wiki.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Mars

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 04:08:00 pm »

No, I hadn't seen it actually and it looks really interesting. I'm gonna surf a little round there. Thank you for the advise, Glynor.
Pages: [1]   Go Up