INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Off Topic-Hot as HELL in the Northeast  (Read 1736 times)

Dave

Off Topic-Hot as HELL in the Northeast
« on: August 14, 2002, 11:30:52 am »

Going on 3rd day of 95|PLS| with 70|PLS| dewpoint. With more to come.
Please speed winter up ASAP!!!!
HELP!!!!

kthlnstz

RE:Off Topic-Hot as HELL in the Northeast
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2002, 02:56:30 pm »

You said it!!  I think Pa. is burning up.  I'm ready to move to the north pole.  Can't take much more of this.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2002, 03:09:20 pm »

Maybe This Will Cool you Down (Or Make You Cool)

Picture A White Dude (Me) In My Late 40's Hanging Out The Window, Playing This Jam. Sometimes I Get A Car Of Black Ladys That Pull Up To Me Yelling Out The Window "Yea Your Right, Get Down With It". I Just Smile And Drive On My Way, but it makes me feel good to know i am not stuck in 1st gear when it comes to music.

A bit Of Good Rap From Ice Cube

Listening to: 'Until We Rich' from 'Superchink Exclusive Dat Rip' by 'Ice Cube & Krayzie Bone' on Media Jukebox
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

kthlnstz

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2002, 03:38:17 pm »

Sounds good King, but my mid-40's butt is staying put in the A.C., with a cold glass of wine, listening to my MJBX and hoping for a cold front to push thru' anytime now.  Considering how you guys seem to fix all with MJB, can ya make this happen?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2002, 03:45:44 pm »

>> Considering how you guys seem to fix all with MJB
>> can ya make this happen?
Well I Am In The Same Boat (North Carolina)

AC Good, Heat Bad

Somthing For Your mid-40's butt

'Light My Fire' Topped Charts At 01 In 1967

Listening to: 'Light My Fire' from 'Doors' by 'Doors' on Media Jukebox
Fayetteville, NC, USA

kthlnstz

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2002, 04:06:42 pm »

Actually, my preference at the moment is:

Tall Cool One
Robert Plant
Now and Zen/1988

robotnik

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2002, 07:06:35 pm »

For the guy getting into a bit of rap, try the Dan Bern number: 'different worlds' not rap but about liking the music coming out of black peoples' cars. Has a mean solo for toy piano. I think the album is called 'Fifty Eggs'

AlonsoN

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2002, 08:19:41 pm »

2002 is shaping up to be the hottest year on record...right after 2000.

Now remember, folks, global warming is just a theory.  Junk science, dreamed up evil commie scientists to stifle good American competition, weaken our economy, and interfere with our God given Right to drive our 6000 pound Ford Excrescence's 3 blocks to the 7-11 to get candy and cigarettes.

Mirko

• Galactic Citizen
  • Coffee ready?
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2002, 08:49:42 pm »

Over here in the old world we have quite a bad summer. Raining all the day and temperatures below 20C. Besides... many parts of europa are flooded by that rain. On one day more rain then the usual monthly.

So. We would like it very much to have some summer :-/

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2002, 04:33:06 am »

>> global warming is just a theory
Wrong, Global Warming Is Created By Cows

We have to many cows in this world, and each one passes to much gas. this gas has a ODR (Ozone Depletion Ratio) of 2.5. The more cows you have the bigger the hole is.

Chickens Have A ODR Of .005
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Chico

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2002, 04:41:52 am »

Yeah, It's a killer here in Delaware also! Something's going on!  Here we are in the USA scorching and drying with major droughts and heat waves, while mid-Europe is getting all the rain and is flooding out the wazzoo!  Go figure.
I suspect that when we finally do get rain, it will be to much and we'll be complaining about that!

Harry The Hipster

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2002, 05:01:51 am »

Hit 100 in NH yesterday. Went running at 6 AM, felt like I needed a gas mask because the ozone was that bad (not the ODR factor, King). Fortunately the car has a good A/C because the house has none, and I had an appointment up-country. However, wife is a professional baker, and she had a rough day in the kitchen.

Finished the day at a local cantina (can you dig a barrio in NH?), drinking Negra Modelos and eating tamales and gorditas. Takes your mind off the external discomfort by creating internal discomfort.

Weather patterns here have been bizarre the last few years. We're playing the edge by ignoring the possibility that man-made byproducts are changing our atmosphere.

HTH

Listening to: 'Aint It Awful, the Heat' from 'Street Scene' by 'Kurt Weill (various)' on Media Jukebox

sub-24

• World Citizen
  • It Happens
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2002, 11:42:05 am »

Kingsparta.

Over here in the UK its one of the worst summers ever.

More torrential rain than i can ever remember - and for summer its not too hot either.

My point is that we burnt all of our cows last year due to Foot& Mouth so according to your theory we should have a healthy looking ozone over us. Mind you maybe all the fires left a big hole.

Anyway if youve got too much sunshine over there please send some across the atlanic to us.

thanks.

zevele1

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2002, 01:15:11 pm »

You beat us.We have only around 90 here.
But it is like it since one month and a half and will stay like it for another month here.Humidity around 80\88 %
Was in Vienna where i got very hot weather,and some rain
Monday night i watched a special program on the austrian tv about the floodings.You cannot imagine .Inside walls put down by floods.
We had here a special program this evening about this problem.They say it has nothing to do with polution or El Nino.It is just the cold air from north meeting the hot air from south,and "the mix" of the 2 staying at the same place.Sure quite a big place but just staying there,not moving.Cold|PLS|hot=rains.
Got my computer back,but 3 Yamaha cr writters not working out of the box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!So still with my X4 HP.
Pages: [1]   Go Up