INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.363  (Read 5969 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.363
« on: November 03, 2007, 07:58:17 am »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120363.exe

12.0.363 (11/02/07)

1. Fixed: Non-iPod devices always want to resync podcast episodes already on the device (introduced in 356).

12.0.362 (11/1/07)

1. Fixed: iPod showing blacked-out cover art after first syncing with MC and then syncing with iTunes.
2. Fixed: Mouse clicking on DVD menu did not work unless "Expand Image" option was set at 1.33.
3. Changed: Tidied up some DVD code that potential could cause crashes.
4. Fixed: After changing art, sometimes a view refresh was required before the new thumbnail would appear.
5. Fixed: Starting a DVD a second time during a program run could cause a crash with some decoders.
6. NEW: Added expression function ListItem(list, zero-based index, delimiter [optional -- defaults to semi-colon]) to get an item from a delimited list.
7. NEW: Added expression function ListCount(list, delimiter [optional -- defaults to semi-colon]) to get the number of items in a delimited list.
   Documentation for expression functions here: http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Media_Center_expression_language
8. Fixed: Unloading some plug-ins could cause a crash. (only applies to last few builds)

12.0.361 (10/31/07)

1. Fixed: iPod transfer crash caused when the publication date (Date) of an audiobook or podcast is empty or older than 1/1/1970.
2. Changed: Bitrate Monitor filter is now optional for DVD.
3. Fixed: Synching a handheld device when connected to Library Server would not work.
4. Fixed: Facebook album list was too short.
5. Changed: TV copies old settings data to Zone 1 settings when user sets up Zone 1 for the first time.
6. Fixed: Selecting a directory for a gallery may not have worked.

12.0.360 (10/30/07)

1. Fixed: Theater View keyboard navigation could behave strangely. (only applies to build 359)
2. Changed: Decreased (more) the odds that a song that was recently played or skipped will be choosen by radio.
3. Fixed: Theater View was using the list item background instead of the skin-specific scrollbar handle for drawing scrollbars.
4. Fixed: Facebook interface would not allow upload if there wasn't at least one existing album.
5. Fixed: Doing an email of images, and then cancelling the size dialog would cause MC to warn on program shutdown about an unfinished task.
6. NEW: Added right-click option to Podcast Feeds to "Email Podcast Feed...".

12.0.359 (10/29/07)

1. Fixed: Some tags like shutter speed would not be properly read from image files. (only affects a few builds)
2. Fixed: The auto-size "allow truncate long values" setting was not being honored.
3. Changed: Even with "allow truncate long values" selected for auto-sizing, narrow columns will not truncate values.
4. Fixed: Acquire images status text would appear truncated.
5. Changed: Removed list commands like "Clear Playing Now", etc. from playlist file right-click.  Right-click the tree item for these commands.
6. Changed: Removed "View Settings" from file right-click menu -- menu is always available in the title menu at the top of every view.
7. Changed: "Add to Playing Now" command is no longer shown in the file menu for files inside Playing Now.
8. NEW: Image caption supports multiple lines of text in Options > Playback > Image playback settings... (or right-click playing image > Image playback settings...)
9. NEW: Added "Delete" to the bottom of the more menu for a file in Theater View.
10. Changed: Renamed "Remove" to "Remove from Playing Now" in Send To > Play menu to be more clear.
11. Changed: Theater View menus no longer draw scroll arrows. (they looked out of place)
12. NEW: Theater View automatically scrolls when moving the mouse pointer towards the edge of lists.
13. NEW: Added Sort > Random to the sort menu at the top of every view. (also availabe from View menu)
14. Changed: Further revisions to radio algorithm.
15. Fixed: Menus in DVD playback would not work properly with some renderers or decoders.
16. Fixed: CD ripping with separate rip/encode processes was not displaying the correct status.

billryan_nz

• Recent member
Re: Media Center 12.0.363
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 03:05:03 pm »

Is the 'auto import' function working properly on this build (and the 'add folders')? I couldn't get it to work - tried it about 6-7 times. Uninstalled, went back to b329 and it worked fine. Might be worth checking...

Bill

MerlinWerks

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 03:09:31 pm »

Hi All,

I just upgraded from MC11 to this build of MC12. I'm trying to manually import my APE files from "Q:\APE", they are stored with the Artist/Album/Files structure. Tools>Import Folder, select only "ape,apl,mac" browse to my "Q:\APE" folder and click "Import". The subsequent dialog reports that "0" files imported. It's as if the import function is only looking in the "Q:\APE" directory and not drilling down and searching the sub-folders where the media is stored. Am I missing something simple here?? Highly likely  ;D

Edit: Bill must of posted while I was composing, good to know I'm not alone...sort of  :o

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 07:04:23 pm »

7. NEW: Added expression function ListCount(list, delimiter [optional -- defaults to semi-colon]) to get the number of items in a delimited list.

Thanks! I've wanted this for a while... now I can select photos with only one person, or with two people etc :)

MerlinWerks

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 08:13:56 pm »

Tried reinstalling - same results

Can import from Explorer context menu...

Media Center Registered 12.0.363 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 2167 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 806 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.11 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: 2.0.1.59 , Win32 Nero Aspi Library, Copyright ᄅ 1999-2003 Ahead Software AG / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive J:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive K:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive J: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PREMIUM     Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)

MrHaugen

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 06:56:15 am »

12. NEW: Theater View automatically scrolls when moving the mouse pointer towards the edge of lists.

Thanks alot! That's a handy.
The field that triggers the scrolling is really slim. It seems to just trigger on the last item.
Would it not be a good idea to increase the area more towards the edge too? Maby there are some downsides I'm not thinking of.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

edbro

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 07:59:41 am »

12.0.362 (11/1/07)

1. Fixed: iPod showing blacked-out cover art after first syncing with MC and then syncing with iTunes.
Not quite yet. I just used iTunes to update my firmware, called it up in MC and now I'm left with this:

Also, MC says it wants to resync my entire library again. In all fairness, I did not check the iPod after I used iTunes and before I hooked it up in MC. I do know that the last time I upgraded firmware, iTunes did not mess up my coverart. So, I think there is some small difference in the way iTunes and MC handle the database.

Marc

• World Citizen
  • Filthy Monkey
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 08:10:14 am »

Two steps backward, IMHO:

5. Changed: Removed list commands like "Clear Playing Now", etc. from playlist file right-click.  Right-click the tree item for these commands.
6. Changed: Removed "View Settings" from file right-click menu -- menu is always available in the title menu at the top of every view.

I used these commands regularly via right-click.   :(
THAT's what I'm talking about.

locumus

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 09:30:11 am »

Any way to disable this "feature?" "12. NEW: Theater View automatically scrolls when moving the mouse pointer towards the edge of lists."

I had my touchscreen working perfectly (even though this program is not touchscreen friendly). Now when I try to right-click at the bottom of the screen to bring up a menu (I hold my finger for a second in order to generate a right-click) the whole list starts scrolling and as a result the wrong selection gets played. I know, I could just roll back to the previous version, but I am waiting for a fix that will display artwork embeded in FLAC files consistently while playing. The artwork does not display correctly every second song (this is consistent behavior regardles of what songs are selected) when playing FLAC files--this happens on both of my computers one of which I just built. MP3's work fine.

MerlinWerks

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 11:28:33 am »

Relative to my "importing" issues noted above, I found if I type the path ("Q:\Ape" in this case) in the "folder" box as opposed to "browsing" to it, MC will import the files. Now if I create a new library and this time "browse" to the same folder, import works as expected.

Additionally, if I create a new library and afterwards try to switch to a previous library (File > Library > "existing library") MC will stop responding and I have to kill it through Task Manager. When I restart MC it will open with the newly created library and if I now scroll through the entire library (Panes View) such that all the little thumbnails on the left get built on the way, I can now switch libraries without MC hanging.

Perhaps I picked the wrong build for my big MC11 > MC12 upgrade  ;D
I had been watching the responses for the last couple of builds to see if there were any show-stoppers, but for some reason decided to "Throw caution to the wind" and jumped on .363 right away.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 11:43:40 am »

.. if I create a new library and afterwards try to switch to a previous library (File > Library > "existing library") MC will stop responding and I have to kill it through Task Manager.
I just tried to duplicate this and couldn't.  Please start a new thread.

If you've killed MC, you also may now have a corrupt library.  Try restoring from a backup.  Wait longer.

MerlinWerks

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2007, 02:21:09 pm »

FWIW import folder works as expected in build .338, I could browse to the folder and import it, I did not have to type the path in the "folder" box as I did with the newer builds. I tried build .358 before this and had the same results as .363 noted in my posts above.

...Wait longer.

Yes, waiting until I saw my CPU usage return to <5% after creating a library let me switch libraries without my PC hanging.

Baron Samedi

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2007, 02:21:34 pm »

Thanks for the ListCount command!  :D

It's time to try my smartlist for jazz trios!

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2007, 11:14:33 pm »

Just installed 363 - looks like 'Remove Duplicates' is no longer available when clicking on the tracks in a play list.  It is still there if you right click the play list itself, but not when you right click on a track in the play list.  Was this intentional?

johnd126

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 08:12:57 am »

3. Fixed: Synching a handheld device when connected to Library Server would not work.

Yep!  Works again. Thanks. :)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2007, 08:40:41 am »

Two steps backward, IMHO:

I used these commands regularly via right-click.   :(

They're still readily available via menus that are always on the screen.

Right-click Playing Now in the tree for one.

Use the View menu at the top of every view for the other. (mouse-over the view title for the menu)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2007, 09:00:02 am »

Thanks alot! That's a handy.
The field that triggers the scrolling is really slim. It seems to just trigger on the last item.
Would it not be a good idea to increase the area more towards the edge too? Maby there are some downsides I'm not thinking of.

If it squirts around too much, it's frustrating to actually catch the item you're looking for.  We tried to strike a balance, but feel free to start a thread about this to discuss it more.

Thanks.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2007, 09:57:32 am »

1)- Baloon popup (tooltip?) blocks cursor selection, causing F2 or Right-Click ->Rename to open previously selected column rather than presently hovered column.

2)- after using Right-Click -> Locate Artist if you open the search window Wizard and open the pull-down menu for Artist, you find the Artist at the top of the list.
Normally I am seeking variations of the artist's name such as:
John Mayall
John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers
John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers
John Mayall & Friends
John Mayall and Friends
in which case finding the pull-down menu openning to the Artist's name in place rather than at top would be a great asset.
. . . the game is rigged

JONCAT

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2007, 11:07:26 pm »

Nobody playing .ape files, or is it just my machine?

The cover art bug introduced in the last build applies only to .ape files; no cover art is displayed even though Image is In File, displayed in Tool Tip, and displayed in Tile view.

Ape files, all have Image In File, but only the ones that show the title of the Image File as Artist - Album.jpg will display.

Anyone seeing this?

DC

Media Center 12.0.363 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows Vista 6.0  (Build 6000)
Intel Core 2 1595 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2097 MB, Free - 817 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.6000.16546 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.6000 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.6000 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.6000 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   No CD drives found.
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)

JONCAT

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2007, 11:13:30 pm »

System volume does not control system volume on this Lenovo x61. Same issue on Vista x64 or x86. Is this peculiar to Vista or my machine?

DC

Intel Core 2 1595 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2097 MB, Free - 838 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.6000.16546 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.6000 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.6000 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.6000 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A

Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)

TimAlexander

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2007, 06:08:22 am »

Since installing 12.0.363 I have a blank podcast showing up on my iPod.  It shows up in the list of podcasts with no title and no cover art, but 1 unplayed episode.  If I try to play it all I get is a white screen.  I've reviewed my podcast list and checked for any recent additions.  They all show up as expected.  The phantom podcast appears in between S and T on the 3G Nano.

edit: I forgot to mention that the problem persisted after I re-initialized the Nano.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2007, 10:33:08 am »

Nobody playing .ape files, or is it just my machine?

The cover art bug introduced in the last build applies only to .ape files; no cover art is displayed even though Image is In File, displayed in Tool Tip, and displayed in Tile view.

Ape files, all have Image In File, but only the ones that show the title of the Image File as Artist - Album.jpg will display.

Anyone seeing this?

DC

Intel Core 2 1595 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2097 MB, Free - 817 MB

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)

I'm not having any APE issues (with embedded art).  Where are you not seeing the art?

JONCAT

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2007, 10:37:17 am »

I can see all cover art in Tiles, Tool Tips, small image column, but it won't display on full screen (cover art, track info, etc.) or in the Image window in the tree.

All files are on mapped drives over the network. MP3 files work fine. Thumbnails stored on local machine.

I can't test on my other two PCs because one was stolen, and the other's monitor was stolen.

DC

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2007, 10:55:19 am »

I can see all cover art in Tiles, Tool Tips, small image column, but it won't display on full screen (cover art, track info, etc.) or in the Image window in the tree.

All files are on mapped drives over the network. MP3 files work fine. Thumbnails stored on local machine.

I can't test on my other two PCs because one was stolen, and the other's monitor was stolen.

DC

Action Window > Tag > Format and see if the tag lists an internal image.

You could also do "Update Library (from tags)" to see if MC can rebuild a thumbnail.

JONCAT

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2007, 11:18:00 am »

Okay Matt, thanks.

I sure it has something to do with copying my entire Library to the local machine, but I'm unclear on why if the Image file is Inside File, MC doesn't simply pull the cover art? 

If the Library "knows" it's in file, and all the thumbs are built (I copy the thumbnail folder over locally and when I open MC all thumbs are built), why won't it display.

The cover art that does not show as Inside File, but Album - Artist.jpg, must point to a .jpg stored in folder. What I'm saying is, it seems like the library is up to date...I'm not home now so I can't try to update it from tags...I'll try that later.

I wonder if Glynor is seeing any of this as he routinely copies libraries back and forth.

thanks
DC

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2007, 01:01:07 pm »

Since the last build (12.0.363), I don't think that podcasts are automatically being given the MediaSubType=Podcast field.

Seviien

• World Citizen
  • SteveG for President! :)
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2007, 05:40:40 pm »

BUG:

In the past few builds, clicking on the "audio" section of the library, entering criteria into the search box, then dragging a song from the narrowed list into a playlist in the tree sometimes causes all songs in the library to copy over to the playlist.

Please fix.

**Edit**
This bug is kinda erratic.  I can't reproduce it 100% all the time, but I've anecdotally noticed it pops up more frequently when the dragging is quick or happens to cross over a smartlist before getting to the desired playlist.

Seviien

• World Citizen
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2007, 05:43:20 pm »

And i'm not sure if this is related, but songs dropped onto a playlist appear to add themselves to the list in a random fashion.  I.e. a song dropped onto a list that had 13 songs might appear as the second track on the list instead of getting added to the last spot.

And this is when sorting by playlist track number, not some other field.  I am not an idiot... ;)

Seviien

• World Citizen
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2007, 07:55:05 pm »

BUG:

Trying to start the usb-uuirt remote plugin results in the following message:

ERROR: Unable to load uuirtdrv.dll

What's odd is that "uuirtdrv.dll" is what the folks at USBURIT.com call their driver.  The JRiver one (in the MC plugins directory) has a different name.  FWIW, downloading the latest uuirtdrv.dll and putting it in the appropriate windows directory results in an error message that subs in the name of the JRiver plugin.

There's a post buried in the forum about this.  The answer was that it's fixed, and those experiencing the problem should uninstall, then reinstall to correct registry settings.  Well, I've done that on 3 different machines each of which had a fresh Windows XP install.  No dice.

Seviien

• World Citizen
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2007, 10:25:22 pm »

And now after fiddling with the remote settings in the "options" menu rather than the plugin manager, I'm getting an error message that the plugin can't be found EVERYTIME I start MC.  It happens regardless of if I select IRMan or USB-UUIRT, which are my only options in the drop down menu.

:(

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2007, 07:54:32 am »

BUG:

Trying to start the usb-uuirt remote plugin results in the following message:

ERROR: Unable to load uuirtdrv.dll

What's odd is that "uuirtdrv.dll" is what the folks at USBURIT.com call their driver.  The JRiver one (in the MC plugins directory) has a different name.  FWIW, downloading the latest uuirtdrv.dll and putting it in the appropriate windows directory results in an error message that subs in the name of the JRiver plugin.

There's a post buried in the forum about this.  The answer was that it's fixed, and those experiencing the problem should uninstall, then reinstall to correct registry settings.  Well, I've done that on 3 different machines each of which had a fresh Windows XP install.  No dice.

Do you have admin rights on your account?

I use a UIRT at home, and haven't noticed anything strange.
Pages: [1]   Go Up