INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping and joining CDs into one big mp3 file.  (Read 1001 times)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Ripping and joining CDs into one big mp3 file.
« on: November 07, 2007, 03:28:23 am »

Is there a way to rip an entire CD as a single mp3 file WITHOUT it being a "cue" file?  I want to end up with a single file, but I don't want it to appear as a bunch of separate files (which is what the "cue" process does) since I need it to be a single file on the iPod.

On a related note, is there a way to have MC rip a CD and have it end up as a single file with "chapter points" where each track begins -- i.e. a file that will allow me to navigate to each new "track point" with the "next" button, but that's still one big file?  I would like to do this because it's an audiobook, and it's too hard to remember where I left off if there are a lot of separate tracks.

On yet another related note, is there a way of joining mp3's without going through a wav editor and re-compressing the files?  When dealing with multiple CDs, having to join several hours of CDs can cause problems since it's just too much data to deal with at one time.

Thanks,

Larry

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Ripping and joining CDs into one big mp3 file.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 09:34:44 am »

I haven't tried it, but someone posted this link before to join MP3's: http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/MP3Merger/
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up