INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC12 bug requiring iPod re-sync  (Read 702 times)

luper89

• Recent member
MC12 bug requiring iPod re-sync
« on: November 11, 2007, 08:29:42 am »

I recently updated to the latest build of MC12 from an earlier build and now it wants to do a full resync of my 5th generation iPod, which in my case takes about 2 days due to file conversions as I keep my audio library in FLAC and it has to convert everything to MP3 while syncing.  I'm wondering whether I should do this now or whether I should wait for another MC12 build which will fix the problem.  There are several posts in the iPod forum involving other people having the same problem but without responses from JRiver (the only responses seem to be involving the difficulties of supporting the iPhone/iPod touch due to non-cooperation from Apple, but that doesn't seem to relate to earlier iPod versions), so I thought I would post this here as a bug as well.  Is someone at JRiver working on this?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC12 bug requiring iPod re-sync
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 10:38:14 am »

Due to some internal changes with time handling and match keys, you may need to do a one time re-sync after upgrade.

I'd recommend using MC's "Conversion cache" feature so you only have to do the conversions once.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up