INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV deinterlacing issue  (Read 2110 times)

DoubleClick

TV deinterlacing issue
« on: November 14, 2007, 08:52:43 pm »

I can't figure out how to configure out this tv thing....de-interlacing will give me the clearest picture, but it is disabled and I do have dscaler installed and ffdshow and as with other posts other software media centers give a good picture, I am getting tired of messing with this thing....I want my money back......ok well not for sure if I can get some help

I have a K-world ATSC115r....the 115 version of K-world and updated drivers and dscaler and it does not detect the dscaler, so what am I not doing? I know my way around these soft media centers and this is the only one that does not give a clear view on how to configure the tv settings...was tv just an add on bonus or something? I could go to Blaze HDTV for that or some other program, so what it looks like is very grainy, on dscaler program it is somewhat clear as it should be, so how do I configure this.....I know some of you wont have the slightest clue to what I am saying because it works perfect on your computer....I am not wanting to hear from you....sorry not the tone you are thinking I am saying, but I need help on somebody who has had this problem and fixed it.

Thanx, need help or I will just go to another program and dirty mouth JRiver Media Center for having a buggy program with less than....well support.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: TV is substandard.....
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 08:58:22 pm »

You'll get better support if you don't come in guns blazing.  There's simply no reason to be caustic or derisive.

You may need to download and register this filter for deinterlacing:
http://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/tmp/deinterlace.ax
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DoubleClick

Re: TV deinterlacing issue
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 09:11:43 pm »

Sorry about that, but I had read on some of the other posts with no real reason why it was happening because it looks perfect on my computer and not a real fix either, so that was just my intimidation talking to see if I could actually get some real support....I am hoping this works and for people who are having problems with tv quality being bad, this should be a first thing on the list of answers to peoples common problems, so will there be a FAQ on the top with specific quick fixes to peoples common problems so the person new to JRiver Media Center will not have to read every post just to find their answer?, and I don't think I read this in the read me section, but I skimmed over that part looking for anything mentioning tv too. Sorry if my tone was a little off.

DoubleClick

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 09:22:01 pm »

So I have added this to the plugins section as well as the tv section and the main section and still nothing....still says deinterlacing not available or not installed..... I am now thinking it needs to be registered....how do I do that?, I have not restarted computer either...don't think that would be necessary.

DoubleClick

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 09:42:16 pm »

ok this should be listed in FAQ.....if tv quality is bad you should download this....the deinterlace.ax and of course now tell them how to register it or it should be in a zip format with a text on how to register it such as stick the file in system32 and dos prompt or run=>cmd then regsvr32 deinterlace.ax to register it of course they could google that info, but some people may get stuck like I did initially and not know what to do with it....yes it looks like it worked, thanx.

P.S. why isn't this installed with the JRiver Media Center in the first place?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 08:59:48 am »

Glad to hear you got it working.

We'll look at making it easier for others in the future.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up