INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media center and Zone  (Read 841 times)

homepilote

• Recent member
Media center and Zone
« on: November 15, 2007, 05:34:35 am »

i like know more about "Zones", i have computer with sound card (1 output).
is that mean i can learn music at one zone only?
All From Allah

Smilin_Jim

• Recent member
Re: Media center and Zone
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 10:42:03 am »

The Zones are designed to play (I think this is what you mean to say instead of "learn") music on multiple outputs from the same computer at the same time. The zones allow different playlists for each output but from the same overall library.

Zones are like running multiple versions (instances) of music center (MC) on the same computer with each sound stream going to a different sound card output.  Most of the time this means that you have several sound cards in the computer that are wired to different amplifiers.  Zones are different than a music server which would allow remote computers or audio devices to play songs from the library on the main media center computer.

It is possible to use programs/drivers to change the way multichannel/surround sound cards (5.1 and 7.1 channels, for example) so that a single card can produce more than one output. 

There are also more expensive cards that are designed to produce several audio outputs in parallel.  These have the added advantage that if you want more than one output to be playing exactly the same thing, they can be timelinked to stay together.  You would use this if you wanted every system in your house playing the same song at the same time during a party, but normally wanted different songs playing.  If you use two cards or adapt a surround sound card, the two outputs will be shifted by up to several seconds.

I hope this helps.

homepilote

• Recent member
Re: Media center and Zone
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 03:52:35 am »

okkk  :) i understand now, thank you so much
All From Allah
Pages: [1]   Go Up