INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlist not working  (Read 1526 times)

stevenf

• World Citizen
  • It works for me....
Smartlist not working
« on: November 18, 2007, 06:31:20 pm »

Hello

I've mentioned this problem several times before, but as yet, it has not been rectified.

When i create a smartlist of the top 25 songs played it appears to work fine, but when i add another field after the list has been created, the whole thing breaks down. This is what i mean

25 Most Played

Media                    is                   audio
Playlist                  is not              "Name of previous playlists"

Modify results

Sort by:                      [Number plays]-d
Limit number to             25
Seuqence

However when i add another field, the modify results are in alphabetical order, which completely destroys the list. Is this a BUG, or am i doing something wrong. I might add, this problem only stated with builds after build 12.0.338, it's now build .274, and yet no luck.
Thank You

Steven F

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Smartlist not working
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 01:08:32 am »

I'm not seeing this.

I create a smartlist as you describe (without the sequence modifier as it's not needed) and it works as expected sorting by number plays descending.
I add another field, in this case, [artist]=bob, and the list is still sorted by number plays descending.

Are you using the "Sort" option available in the list header menu (the menu that shows when you hover over the smart list name) to modify sorting? If you are, then that could be the root of your problem as when you use those choices, the smart list is modified permanently, or at least, until you go in and change it back manually by either choosing plays from the aforementioned menu, or doing it via the customise current view dialogue.

-marko.

stevenf

• World Citizen
  • It works for me....
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 05:21:44 am »

Unfortunately there isn't any way of checking as this would mean uninstalling the previous version and re-installing the latest build. This i won't do until i've fully completed my smartlists. However, none of the smartlists are sorted, as there is no need. Also the smartlists that i've created were created exactly the same way on both the earlier and latest builds, so surely they should both work, or not both work.

There is also another problem that i've noticed, i have a huge amount of smartlists, and the lower down the list i go, it takes an eternity to load. For instance the first list loads very quickly, but the 100th list takes over a minute. This could be a problem with the speed of my computer, but it's only recently that i've noticed it.

Steven F

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 08:53:15 am »

Are each of those smartlists filtering out the smartlist above it, like you seem to indicate in your first post? Because if so, you gotta realize that the further down the list you go, MC still has to process all of the smartlists before it.

If smartlist #1 says "show me this"
and smartlist #2 says "show me this but only from those files that aren't in smartlist #1"

then MC has to first process smartlist #1 before it can process smartlist #2. If smartlists #3 - 100 all follow this trend, then MC will have to process all 100 smartlists in order to show you the results in #100. That could easily account for your slowdowns.

stevenf

• World Citizen
  • It works for me....
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 09:25:59 am »

You're probably right, I never realized that.

Steven F
Pages: [1]   Go Up