INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disabling Confirmation (Possible Feature Request)  (Read 800 times)

Omni

• Citizen of the Universe
Disabling Confirmation (Possible Feature Request)
« on: November 21, 2007, 11:56:03 pm »

Hopefully, this doesn't get too terribly buried before JRiver returns to work next Monday, but maybe a user knows of a work-around. :)

By accident--I clicked on the Find CD tree item--I was brought to amazon.com inside MC.  Given the new built-in Amazon.com MP3 service, I guess this makes sense.

Long story short, I started previewing the tracks available, and each time I was presented with the following confirmation dialog:

I looked in the options, and it didn't look hopeful, but does anyone know of a way to disable this confirmation?  Even a registry hack would be fine.  It makes previewing tracks (inside MC) terribly annoying.

Edit: Upon further reflection, I guess this really isn't a confirmation pop-up.  So instead, is there a way to make MC always just open .m3u files (streams) and not bother to ask to save them?

prod

• Play nice
Re: Disabling Confirmation (Possible Feature Request)
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 03:32:43 am »

Hi,

This is an IE popup. You can change these settings in the Security tab from Tools>Internet Options (in IE). You will probably have to select Custom Level and set "Launching Applications and Unsafe files" to Enable rather than Prompt. Not absolutely sure though, I've not done this before.

Omni

Re: Disabling Confirmation (Possible Feature Request)
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 04:07:57 am »

Okay, let's attack this from a different angle then.

You're right.  Going to amazon.com in IE generates the same pop-up.  (I never use IE except to do Windows updates, hence why this is the first time I've seen this at amazon.com.)  The thing is, even after enabling every darn "unsafe" thing, I still get the pop-up, and if I click "Open," IE then just launches MC to play it.

Firefox plays the preview fine inline, no fuss, no muss.

This tells me that Firefox properly recognizes the HTTP stream and IE does not.  That is, IE's MIME settings, I guess, are not setup correctly to recognize the content, hence why it has to ask what to do with it.

Any clue how to rectify this, or I'm I just out of luck in using MC to browse amazon.com for MP3 downloads?

Never mind.  It was just an Adobe Flash problem.  IE didn't seem think I had the latest ActiveX plugin installed, so after reinstalling it, the 30-second clips play fine now, no pop-ups required. :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up