INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stupid LICENSE question  (Read 914 times)

boydn

• Galactic Citizen
Stupid LICENSE question
« on: November 24, 2007, 07:38:06 pm »

I bought MC to orginize a music collection to then playback on a squeezbox.  I since played with "Slimserver" and I think a better idea is just build a cheap PC to sit with the receiver.  To run 2 PC's do I need to buy 2 licenses for MC?  I don't see the answer on the license page.  Thanks

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: Stupid LICENSE question
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 07:39:13 pm »

Nope. Your MC license is good for multiple PCs.

boydn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 08:17:50 pm »

Cool, Thanks!

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 01:18:14 pm »

It depends on what JRiver Document You Read, But the one from Wiki Has been publicly endorsed by the CEO

From Wiki

I have two computers
Use your Install Key to install a license on both computers. You may not install your license on anyone else's computer, and if you own many computers, you will need to purchase multiple licenses for them.

From The License File That Comes With Media Center

Grant of License: J. RIVER grants you the right to use one copy of the J. RIVER software program (SOFTWARE) on a single computer.  J. RIVER also grants you the right to install the SOFTWARE on a network, or any computer configuration which permits more than one user to have access to the SOFTWARE provided that you have first paid for a separate copy of the SOFTWARE or a license for each additional user, so that you have licenses for the maximum number of users who will be able to use the SOFTWARE. In no event may the total number of users on a network exceed the number of licenses acquired for the network. DOCUMENTATION, in electronic or other format, accompanying the SOFTWARE may also be provided to you. You may not copy the DOCUMENTATION accompanying the SOFTWARE.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up