INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 DVD Problems  (Read 1392 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
2 DVD Problems
« on: November 23, 2007, 10:38:27 pm »

With build 375 I am having a few problems:

1. DVD menus do not show the highlighted option.  This has been going on for a few public release builds.  The problem is resolved with earlier builds.  If it is not immediately apparent what change was made, I can more carefully locate the problem build.
2. Starting where a DVD was left off doesn't seem to work at all.  I again think this problem was caused recently.

raym

• MC Beta Team
Re: 2 DVD Problems
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 10:29:01 pm »

1. DVD menus do not show the highlighted option.  This has been going on for a few public release builds.  The problem is resolved with earlier builds.  If it is not immediately apparent what change was made, I can more carefully locate the problem build.

I had this problem too. There's a known issue where dvd navigation breaks for some people when the bitrate monitor is enabled. Try disabling this option on the DVD playback options screen: Tools > Options > Playback > DVD Playback Settings...

JRiver, I think the bitrate monitor (for DVD playback at least) should be disabled by default until the root cause of this issue is sorted.

Thanks.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

benn600

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 07:52:18 pm »

Just to note I didn't make any other changes to MC during the upgrade process.  It was working fine before updating to the latest version.

The problem persists on two separate machines.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 10:47:58 pm »

Please try raym's advice, and report back.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

benn600

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 04:31:58 pm »

Disabling the bitrate monitor absolutely fixes the menus so highlighted items show up.  Works great with it disabled.

Now I have noticed the DVD menus in general seem to skip from time to time.  Disabling the bitrate monitor helped reduce the skipping but I still think it skips a little bit.  The movie portions play fine so it is just the menu.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 05:21:32 pm »

What do you mean by "skip"? If you mean the occasional frame is dropping, try changing the aspect ratio (press the "a" key) or zooming in or out a little "+" or "-". I have a PC with in ATI card in it which simply doesn't like playing back dvd's @ 1.33. It causes all sorts of video stuttering / skipping though the audio is fine. To this day I'm still not sure whether it's an MC bug or a problem with the video drivers. In any case, changing the aspect ratio which is often different in the menus to the actual feature) sorts it out.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

benn600

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 08:21:22 pm »

You are exactly right.  I find the same thing to be true on my JVC TV (I have an overscan thread for it going).  At 1.33 it skips but that lets all the video be displayed. 1.66 causes video slow downs.

Yes, occasionally skipping frames is what I mean...and stuttering at points.  Every 3 seconds or so.
Pages: [1]   Go Up