INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Imported albums show in "Disk Location", but not in "Album/Artist"  (Read 1411 times)

cosmicfx

• World Citizen

Hi

I'm not sure if this stupid of me doing something wrong, but the newly library imported music files show up when I use "Disk Location" , but not when I view by "Artist Album".
The tagging seems correct.
For example, only the Massive attack album "Mezzanine" shows when using "Artist/Album", but when using "Disk Location", all the newly imported albums , (like e.g. 100th Window) are visible.

Please help, what am I doing wrong?

Screenshots inserted...

Artist/Album view scheme

Disk Location view scheme

Thanks, cosmic

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Imported albums show in "Disk Location", but not in "Album/Artist"
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 08:22:06 am »

Need more details...

What is the Media Type (the tag not what you think it is) for the files that don't show in Artist/Album?
What is the Album Artist (auto) tag?  (The Artist/Album View Scheme uses this tag, not [Artist] by default.  I always change it on mine because I prefer to separate mixed albums by their "true" artist.)

Also, if you've modified the view scheme at all we'll need to look at the filters.  Right click on Artist/Album and choose Edit View Scheme, take a screenshot (high resolution so we can read the fonts) and post it.  If you haven't modified the Artist/Album view scheme ever then I know what it is.  I'm wondering if you have a filter that is blocking them.

Most likely it is the Album Artist (Auto) thing.  If you don't want to use it, simply remove Album Artist (auto) from the Artist/Album View Scheme (in that Edit View Scheme dialog under Step 1) and add plain-vanilla Artist.  Move it to the top of the list (above Album) and you should be set.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

cosmicfx

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 10:55:28 am »

Hi Glynor

Thanks for your time. I checked the tags and the media type all seems to be audio in the tags. Another screenshot attached.
I also changed the Artist/Album view scheme, removing the "Album Artist (auto)" and replacing it with just "artist" at the top.
But, no change yet...

Screenshot showing view scheme

Screenshot showing tag media type

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 01:40:07 pm »

that could be either my fault, or your fault :P

When I advised you earlier to add p="Music a - z" to step four, I made the assumption that you would continue to update that playlist.

Try removing that entry and replace it with [complete album]=1

does that help?

Perhaps we should talk about the best way to deal with all those single tracks that don't belong to any album?
Personally, I put all mine into an album called "Assorted Tracks". I listed them all, shuffled the list then used the "Fill track numbers from list order" tool to number the tracks.
I used the rename from properties tool to get them all into the same directory and this gives me a complete, multiple artists album containing over 500 tracks.
If you were to do something similar, you would be able to remove the [complete album]=1 rule from step 4 and normal service would resume.

-marko.

cosmicfx

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 03:34:05 pm »

Hi Marko

I put in the "[complete album]=1" and now they are visible in the artist/album view, but ... yes, now I have also all the other single tracks mixed in. A lot of them aren't music track, many just audio tracks.

I must say, I'm not following you with sorting out the single tracks. I'm kinda new to all the technical lingo of MC, and definitely not familiar with all the expressions and things, so finding it just a wee bit confusing.

But it's late now and will be hitting the sack. Will have alook at it in the morning.

Ideally I'd like to keep the "music A to Z" only thing, but it obviously needs to show all albums.

Thanks,
Little confused
Cosmic

cosmicfx

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 01:31:09 am »

Hi again

It's morning, and I'm at it again.
One of the things I don't understand is by using the p="Music a - z" in the Artist/Album View Scheme, it doesn't update and show the files that have been newly imported into the Library?

As from the new screenshot inserted, you can see that I have included all my audio files (i.e.My Music and Audio folder) , but not all of it is actual "artists" or "albums" , and some are just various mixes with no title oor artist known.

Thus under Artist/Album view scheme I need to just show the "Music a to z" folder, but have it update when I update my library.

Thanks again
cosmic

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 01:52:31 am »

A whole lot easier when you can see what's going on...

remove that [complete album]=1 entry and replace it with: [filename (path)]="Music a to z"

This will cause the Artist/Album view to only show files that are in that Music folder, and all its sub-folders. This view scheme will now update itself as you add more tracks into the \Music a to z\ folder.

The advice above makes the assumption that you do not have another "Music a to z" folder somewhere else that MC is aware of, because if that is true, those files will also be shown in this Artist/Album view scheme.

Also, if you plan on creating other view schemes to view those other files, adding -[filename (path)]="Music a to z" to step 4 of those view schemes will exclude the contents of that folder from those other view schemes.

-marko.

cosmicfx

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 02:10:33 am »

It works perfect, Marko.

Thanks very much.

Cosmic

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 02:22:13 am »

You're welcome. Sorry it took so long :)

-marko.
Pages: [1]   Go Up